close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best day of fishing this year.

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by Tornichio, May 7, 2005.

1. Fished the river friday evening and landed 1 and lost quite a few others. Kept seeing really large fish jumping up river and decided to try to give them a shot this morning. I fished 4 different areas and did not even get a bite. So went out the evening and fished for 2 hours and had 12 on. I lost 5 and landed seven. 1 broke my 20lb line like it was nothing. I landed the biggest of the year so far and it was 16lbs. Also caught my first mirror. It was 6lbs. I rode my bike to this place so I did not take my net. It was a real pain to try to land the bigger fish. But some how I was able to get my hands under them and land them. The biggest fish had lips large enough to put a tennis ball in its mouth. It was a pretty cool dark black fish. I put him in a trash bag so I could weigh him and his tail was sticking out the top. I caught a really bright orange one and another that was almost totally white. I think it might have been what they call a ghostie. The fish where deffinitely in schools. both nites I would get a run on the rod on the down river side rod and usually in less than 60 seconds would get another on the other rod. I had 3 schools come through my area. I caught 3 on the same rod in less than 5 minutes. As soon as i casted out I would get a hit. the final three where really nice size 9 to 12lbs I am guessing. I did not want to waste time weighing them since the fish where biting fast and furious and I knew they were smaller than the biggest that I had already caught.
    So all in all it is turning out to be a good weekend. I was bummed about not having enough money to make it down to the outing at west bank but at least the fish are cooperating here. Going back in the morning.

Later,
    marc

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sounds like a great time, I am glad you are catching fish!..You need to get a digital camera so you can show then off!

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thats awesome to hear you got into them marc.. :)