close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best day of fishing ever!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, Jun 3, 2007.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

The story starts out that I was at a Memorial Day party last weekend when a friend of asked me if I would like to do some reserch for him. Of course I ask What kind of reserch? He said he works for a company ( which I can't tell you who, sorry) that owns a 45acre lake with about ten 4acre pond all inter connecting. The company wants to know about the fish population and the size of the fish. I told him I would be there on Sat. with three buddys and our float tubes. He wanted mesuerments and pics. We got there at about 8am this morning and started fishing some of the smaller 4acre ponds. It started out slow but heated up pretty quick. I turned to cast behind us with a black buzz bait and a very large and in charge bass killed it. Within seconds my 8lb test snapped. That was the begining of a legendary day. We get to a sand bar that runs about 50yards across the pond with a tree laying down on it. I throw my Black and Blue 1/4oz jig and my pole is doubled over. I yelling BIG FISH BIG FISH and it was. The length of her was 22 1/2inchs and went about 6lbs. My buddys next cast in the same spot produced a real nice 19 1/2incher and my next cast in the same place produces a 18incher. By now we just float and laugh because we never have seen three fish with there size caught that quickly and in the same spot. Within the next couple hours we catch some more 13, 14 ,15inchers and go get something to eat. We come back and put in our tubes in the big 45acre lake. We catch one fish in about one hour and decide to paddle to the other side of the lake to fish some islands. This is where it starts really getting good. The clouds move in the bite erupes. We start catching 18, 19inchers pretty regular and had a couple more 20+inchers. All in All we caught 10fish that would of went 5+pounds and alot of 2 to 4 pounders. Here the icing on the cake. A big storm is moving in and I cast my 5inch purple with emerald senko and BAMMMMMMMMM. I calling to the guys to get over here because I have a 8 or 9 pound bass on my line. This fish would not come off the bottem. He ran me around in circles for about 5mins. I finally got him up and it was not a bass. It was the biggest Muskie I have ever seen that close. I was pretty close to remember I'm in a Float Tube. I call to my buddy Jeff and tell him it's a Muskie and he starts coming to help a friend out. I paddle to the shore and stand up and Jeff gets ahold of him. He taped out at about 35inchs. Did not get to weigh him because it started pouring. It was a wonderful day of Bass fishing and the surprize fish. I'll never forget it. Here are a couple of pic of Jeff and Steve. I'll be getting more pics tommorrow of the bigger Bass and the Muskie.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Look for more pics tomorrow or Monday.

2. Fishing-Miller23

Fishing-Miller23 It's Miller Time!

That's Crazy! Congrats on a great day!

3. I was there, it was really an unbelievable, kind of surreal day. I saw so many big fish, I started to lose perspective. After the muskie, the wind started blowing harder than I can ever remember in a float tube and it started just pouring, we were all exhausted, I just started clapping, it was an awesome day day, one that I will never forget.

Jeff

4. JamesT

JamesT Banned

Great day of fishing! That area looks really familar. Once this rain dies down, I'm gonna get my canoe out there on the big pond and hopefully catch some.

5. if you guys need to do more research, I could volunteer :)

6. FishJunky

Here are the rest of the pics. The first one is of what I thought was a muskie but was told it's a northern pike.
    [​IMG]

Heres the 22 1/2inch bass I caught.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here is Steve's personal best 21 1/2inch bass.
    [​IMG]

Can't wait to go back. I looking for that 8lber out of this lake...

7. That looks more like a northern or grass pike then a muskie to me...Still nice fish!!

8. Really, really cool...

9. that's what I call a day to remember forever. Great story and pics fellas. Thanks

10. Wow. Looks like you guys died and went to angler heaven. You better pinch yourself to make sure you are still among the living.

11. bassinLou

bassinLou Jiggin w/ a Crappie killa

Those are all great fish. Congrats....:B

12. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

that was a nice northern pike!!
    sounds like a place i used to fish in newark by TJ Evans....great fishing.
    Pike, whipers and lots of hog largemouth! makes me almost tear up.

Glad you guys had one of those days!:B

13. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Whoa nice pike man! Was it local at least?

14. FishJunky

It was about 45mins from where I live. We also had a combined of about 5 or 6 line breaks on 8lb line. Big fish:B