close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best cell phones in Cincinnati area?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mrfishohio, Jul 14, 2005.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

I'm going back into sales and the company requires I have a cell phone. I've heard people swear by them and swear at them. I'm not sure how many minutes I need, etc. I've been under the impression that for this area Cicninnati Bell is the absolute best so far as costs, and service. That's who I'm probably going to go with. Anyone have any pros or cons with Cinti Bell Cell phones? Also is one model phone better ? My cell number will be printed on my business cards and will more/less become my primary phone.
    Thanks, Jim

2. If your cell phone is going to be a primary phone for you, you might want to look at Nextel. They are a little more pricey but you can have free unlimited incoming calls. I have them right now. I get 300 outgoing minutes free incoming, free unlimited two way for $50/ month.

3. The no contract, change your plan whenever you want features of Cincinnati Bell Wireless are why I used them.

I have a Motorola T725...no problems with it except I think they are discontinued :mad:

CBW also has some pretty darn good deals to combine home phone, wireless and DSL. If you want to use DSL :rolleyes:

4. Just switched from Cincinnati Bell Wireless to Verizon. I found that I didn't have that great of service on my cincinnati bell plan, partly because i live pretty far out, but when i see others using thier phones in places i can't it becomes frustrating. Verizon, although you must sign a contract, to me is a much better service. They do limit things such as multimedia stuff on phones, but if this is a business phone, games shouldn't matter. They offer many different options, but so far i have found to be the cheapest most reliable service yet. As far as phones go, i would go with a motorola or LG. Motorola seem to get a little bit better reception than LG, but both are quality, sound, reliable phones. Other brands seem cheap and flimsy compared to motorola and LG. Since you are using for business contact verizon and see if you qualify for thier business discount. I know alot of people are eligable but know nothing about it. Its a 17% a month discount as well as other offers. Good luck on the phone search.

P.S. If you do choose cincinnati bell wireless and do not want to fork out a large sum, i have a motorola V400 that i paid 250 dollars for a little less than a year ago that is in great condition (still have the box and charger and belt clip) Its yours for 50 dollars. Just PM me.

J

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

i have probably used most, if not all, of the available cellphone companies out there.. and the best ones today is Cingular.. i particularly like the idea of them using the GSM 1800 technology.. they beat out T-Mobile in my book even tho they too are using the same GSM tech. :)
    plus now they have all sorts of price plans to suit your needs..
    ps.. forgot to say also that my phone works great on the river too.. ;)

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Verizon is reliable. I live in the Cinti. area and was able to talk to my son in Hawaii last April when he was on his honeymoon. They have good reception on Erie too. Lake Cumberland is another story...too many hills, I suppose. Also, Verizon is constanly adding new cell towers to their network which you can update your phone just by dailing in a code which in turn reprograms your phone with the new data. The LG is definitely the way to go too. They have a bunch of different plans to choose from...there worth checking in to.
    A friend has Cinti. Bell and he always complains about not having any service when we're out fishing.
    My .02...!