close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BEst Catfish bait

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by Timmypage16, Jul 20, 2005.

1. What are the best catfish baits and does the catfish powerbait stuff really work?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Chicken Breasts Soaked in Ainse Oil. From what Flathunter tells me it works great on Flatheads!

3. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

Shad and blue gill and big goldfish have worked pretty good for me

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Mellon is nutz, fresh cut shad is the best in my book.

5. CW03

CW03

Mellon is definitely feeling the luv..........;)

[​IMG]

6. H2O Mellon

We all should have a big ole lovefest aorund a camp fire...... Oh wait on second thought scratch that idea :eek:, lets just go Catfishing! :D

7. CW03

CW03

history is any indicator of the future, you can get Catfish Keith to sing the blues :S :eek: :p :rolleyes: ;)

[​IMG]

8. H2O Mellon

We both must be pretty tired! I'm calling it a night & going to bed!

9. Cat Mazter

Cat Mazter Pro Catfisherman

I fish with Very Large Bluegill, Creek Chubs, Bullhead's, Shad, Goldfish & Cut Bait. The Bigger the Bait the Better for me. I use all my Bait live, Except for the Cut bait of Course. ;)
    Cat Mazter

10. Filet mignon or small puppies (particularly the yappy kind) on a circle hook of course ;)

Steve

11. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

yep i have shad in a package in brine.. or home made dough balls chicken liver
    blue gills cut in half, would someone take mellons beer away or his mnt dew

12. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Best catfish baits are chicken liver & nightcrawlers..i thought everyone knew that?

LOL,
    Scott

13. Catalpa worms are the hands down best catfish bait in the world....Then 2nd is Chubs/Shiners/Shad....

14. eagleclaw

eagleclaw Banned

or go to ebay.com people are selling catfish bait you can make at home
    and from what i read people bought some and swore by it.. the stinkiest stuff
    one guy said

15. the dunkle

the dunkle Juicy Jay every day

for catching bigger flat heads u can get small carp, (like less thne 6 inches) in some bait stores or catch them with net. Also hotdogs soaked over night in blood work pretty good for small chanel catfish.

16. For channels nothing is better than sonny's dip bait or stink bait, what ever you want to call it. I have taken it out with a buddy and we would use baits like worms,cut baits, and livers on on pole and sonny's on the other, and the sonny's always caught more than the other baits by far, but the ones on the cutbait,livers where always bigger. And for Flats my favorite baits are bluegill,bullheads,and chubs.
    In fact you should of seen it last week. I was at a fishing tournment held by a local fishing club in a pond about 2 acres. There was people lined up all around the bank and about 6 people throwing worms, shirmp, and livers right next to my poles and they only got like 3 cats the entire day/night and I was pulling them up left and right with sonny's. The look and half of those peoples faces were priceless. :D