close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Best Carp Lake

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by traphunter, Jun 18, 2004.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Out of all the lakes you have fished for carp in s/w ohio, which one would you say is the best? ;) I used to like Rocky Fok pretty well but the fishing has been VERY slow there this year to say the least. i need to find some new water! :D

2. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

you and me both. The only SW lake I have caught any carp at this year has been rocky fork and that was only two last week. I'm still trying to break in stonelick but I still haven't caught a carp there yet.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

stick with paintcreek spillway and you cant go wrong!

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I went to East fork a few times and man all the carp are tiny. I'm spoiled on North Central eutrophic lakes where the carp grow BIG fast. I can't find any decent carp waters down here in SW ohio :(

5. Paint Creek is probably your best bet...can't beat the spillway, and if you do enough scouting of the lake itself (and a chumming campaign wouldn't hurt) you should do well there too. Eastfork can be good...there are a lot of small fish to weed through, but the lake is loaded with biggies as well. I know a lot of people have caught BIG carp out of Cowan...but i've been skunked everytime i've fished it (and that's quite a few times)...still, though, it's got a lot of good qualities for a carp lake.