Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of all the lakes you have fished for carp in s/w ohio, which one would you say is the best? ;) I used to like Rocky Fok pretty well but the fishing has been VERY slow there this year to say the least. i need to find some new water! :D

·
Carp Angler
1,388 Posts
you and me both. The only SW lake I have caught any carp at this year has been rocky fork and that was only two last week. I'm still trying to break in stonelick but I still haven't caught a carp there yet.

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
I went to East fork a few times and man all the carp are tiny. I'm spoiled on North Central eutrophic lakes where the carp grow BIG fast. I can't find any decent carp waters down here in SW ohio :(

·
Registered
474 Posts
Paint Creek is probably your best bet...can't beat the spillway, and if you do enough scouting of the lake itself (and a chumming campaign wouldn't hurt) you should do well there too. Eastfork can be good...there are a lot of small fish to weed through, but the lake is loaded with biggies as well. I know a lot of people have caught BIG carp out of Cowan...but i've been skunked everytime i've fished it (and that's quite a few times)...still, though, it's got a lot of good qualities for a carp lake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts