Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Mr. Smallie makes his own buzzbaits they must be pretty good he catches lots of bass on them probably some other guys on here do to maybe they will sell you a couple homemade buzzers are usually better than storebought in my opinion.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Boo Yah and Strike King.

I haven't had luck with a double buzz.

To me it's more about colors. I have cheap ones from Wal Mart that work just as good. Just got to find the right color same as spinner baits.

Lately for me it's been Sexy Shad it works great.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Chatter Buzz It is my hands down favorite. The blade can be adjusted to hit against the lead of the bait to create a different kind of chattering. There are other buzz baits that do similar things like metal on metal contact but it just doesn't have the sound I prefer. Chatter Buzz

·
Registered
413 Posts
Chatter Baits also work well.

Buzzbaits also work like spinnerbaits you can widen them to make them slower. Just make sure your retrive is fast enough to keep it up or you just got a really big spinner.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chatter Buzz It is my hands down favorite. The blade can be adjusted to hit against the lead of the bait to create a different kind of chattering. There are other buzz baits that do similar things like metal on metal contact but it just doesn't have the sound I prefer. Chatter Buzz
Where can I get the chatter buzz does walmart have them?

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
Although the skirts get messed up/torn off pretty easily, I still like the wally world specials at a buck. Have also done well with homemade mini dually with chartreuse crappie tube superglued in place. Strike king mini pro buzz is a great small buzzer. Last one is a homemade 1/8 oz with extra long marabou tail and peacock feathers running along the bottom center. I nearly lipped about a 4lber this morning on it. Got to within a foot of my hand, did a tail dance and jumped and spit it back. :mad:

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I have had anything on the double buzz JamesT but yeah the skirts do suck and move easy on the Wally World ones but they work.

to me it's just finding the right color. you can also order better skirts from online.

·
Banned
2,976 Posts
I just bent the wire down on the wally world buzzer to make the blade hit the weight. Haven't fished it yet.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Another vote for Cavitron, but if I want a different sound I might throw a Hoppy's buzzer or something with a clacker. Loudest buzzbait I've used is the old Hogan's (I think that's the name) which had a brass willow leaf blade as a clacker. On the other hand, I've found most triple wing baits are actually quieter (or at least seem to be).

·
TBDBaitsITL
8 Posts
I don't know if you guys have ever tried ours, but you will not find a slower running buzzbait anywhere. It planes out quicker and you can slow it to a very slow crawl to where the blades are barely moving. Check it out if you get some time.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts