Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a great day of bluegill action yesterday with my grandson. We got to the lake around 12:30, but the spot we wanted to fish was already taken by some folks. We move to a different spot started out using red worms for bait. The fish there did bite but they were very small. Move to another spot that my grandson stated getting action right off the bat. I was not getting any bites at all, so walked over to where he was fishing. I stated to get bites and catching some fish. The fish here were a little bigger but still on the small size.

Once again the breeze kept the temperature to a pleasant level for being out fishing. After the red worms were used up we started using a cup of wax worms. At this point my grandson was catching fish on ever cast! I was only catch 1 fish to his two the rest of the time.

I am amazed how my grandson got so much more action than I did, since we were using the same bait and set up. We packed it in and headed home around 3:30. His total was 60 bluegills one tiny L.M.Bass, my total was 29 bluegills. SO that was our best day of bluegill fishing this season. Now that is his new favorite lake to fish.

·
11 dayz
10,578 Posts
I had a great day of bluegill action yesterday with my grandson. We got to the lake around 12:30, but the spot we wanted to fish was already taken by some folks. We move to a different spot started out using red worms for bait. The fish there did bite but they were very small. Move to another spot that my grandson stated getting action right off the bat. I was not getting any bites at all, so walked over to where he was fishing. I stated to get bites and catching some fish. The fish here were a little bigger but still on the small size.

Once again the breeze kept the temperature to a pleasant level for being out fishing. After the red worms were used up we started using a cup of wax worms. At this point my grandson was catching fish on ever cast! I was only catch 1 fish to his two the rest of the time.

I am amazed how my grandson got so much more action than I did, since we were using the same bait and set up. We packed it in and headed home around 3:30. His total was 60 bluegills one tiny L.M.Bass, my total was 29 bluegills. SO that was our best day of bluegill fishing this season. Now that is his new favorite lake to fish.
Are you holding your mouth right?.....;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Does he fail to sit still with the rod? my niece moves around a lot and we swear it gives her bait just enough movement to make it more attractive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts