close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berlin

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Flipp, Apr 7, 2004.

1. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

How high is the lake. Is it full in the back. Are the bass biting yet.

Thanks

2. Can't say how high but it is considered to be high by all the locals. I fish off the shoreline and am going to be spending Memorial Day weekend in the park and am looking forward to some serious fishing. Been out there a dozen times so far and am recently catching tons of small fish; bluegill, crappie, bass, catfish. Had a huge one (walleye?) bite right through my brand new 8# braided Fireline on Sunday. I hear the bass are hitting shallow, near wood right now but I have no first hand experience yet. Jigs/worms have been highly recommended. We will hit our favorite spot this weekend and that will tell what's happening but we had to wait for the park to open. Caught 37 fish there last year in one day 10 am - 1 pm and kept the 17 biggest. Huge crappie, nice assorted bass, can't wait!

3. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

YES!!!!!on both..Lake is full.Weds evening the dam was wide open dumping water. Bass I Don't target them,But when eye fishing we always manage to find them....

4. The water is just right and the bass have been slammin! Ive yet to go out for anything and not get at least two over 3lbs.