close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berlin , West Branch, Milton, Anyone catfish here?

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by TritonBill, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Which of the 3 lakes do you fish for catfish? Do you get all types of cats or mostly channels? What's your best fish out of these?

I live maybe 10 minutes from Berlin but never catfished there. I have catfished West Branch one time with ReelMan and Reellady. I grew up in SE ohio so I fished Tappan and area ponds moreso than up here in NE Ohio.

2. catking

catking Banned

WB has flatheads in it. But the truely good flatty lakes are farther south, but Mosquito has some great flatheads in it. I would say that channel cats is your best bet in the lakes mentioned, even though I did scout W.B and saw some great flatty spots ;) Under water cover in about 12 feet of water back in the coves is a good place to start , especially in the summer........ CATKING

3. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I've caught some decent channels in milton while walleye fishing. when i went for cats, i had very little luck. the bigger ones came from a sunken island toward the mouth of the river.