Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't been to Berlin in a few months. Was wondering what the water is like and if anyone has been catching any decent walleye or casts

·
Registered
433 Posts
The water level is normal. You can launch with no difficulty. Cats are hitting pretty much everywhere on the lake. Chicken livers, cut, nightcrawlers will all catch fish. Walleye have been hit or miss. Some guys are catching them trolling the river channel between the Rt 224 bridge and the railroad bridge. They're trolling Shad Raps, Wally Divers, and Flicker Shads. Crawler harnesses or jigs tipped with crawlers will work, too.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Been slow but finally fish. Caught small eye and nice crappie on trolling flicker shad firetirecolor and then in afternoon caught 2 keeper eyes trolling shallow humps in bay w crafish color deep crank bait bouncing off bottom.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I was out last week and trolled the points between 224 and the dam and caught a handful of throwbacks and 2 keepers. Was very slow goin though

·
Registered
269 Posts
Was out today 11-4 between bridges with my 87 year old dad. the waves rocked him to sleep a few times but he had fun. Ran cranks off inline boards and picked up 1 19". He came off a shallow hump 6' when coming out of the channel on a glass shad rap blue. Nothing for a while so changed styles and colors. Nothing still. When to harnesses / crawlers nothing. Up/down across hitting every depth we could. Nothing worked. Tons of marks from 7' to bottom. Heavy boat traffic didn't help I'm sure. Good luck to everyone

1 - 5 of 5 Posts