close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berlin This Weekend

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Capt.Muskey, Jun 30, 2004.

1. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

I'm headed out to Berlin this weekend. I don't fish the lake much, But I have some friends who are camping there (their not fishermen). I'll be fishing for what ever seems to be hitting, Bass, Walleye, Cats, Panfish.... I should be headed out Friday morning after work and fishing thru to Monday.
    If any of you guys are in the area this weekend and would like to hook up, Let me know. If anyone has any good advice for that lake, I'd like to hear it.

2. Berlin sounds good, I need a change of pace from West Branch. Rumor has it that there's a a small (compared to West Branch) musky population in Berlin. Maybe I'll see ya out there sometime over the weekend. I'm open to any tips anyone wants to give too, I've only been on Berlin once.

Barry

3. I caught my biggest berlin bass this weekend....went 4.75 and took big bass in my club tourney. Caught on a tube. There were busting on buzzbaits early on too.

4. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Good Job UD! Berlin has been tough lately glad to hear they are biting again.

5. I've heard they walleye fishing has been decent aorund the humps out in front of the mouth of mill creek.

6. Capt.Muskey

Hey Barry, What day or days do you think you'll be out there? What do ya want to fish for, Musky? eyes,? sounds like some nice bass are getting picked up too. I'm getting tired of the action at West Branch myself, The good fish are too few and far between, unless your fishing for carp.
    UDBasser, Nice catch :D Thanks for the info

7. paco

paco

you guys talking about muskie fishing try some wiley killers up in mill creek . redbar perch , muskie , black & dark frog all work good up there . i will be there all weekend maybe i'll see you all there . i'll be in a tan crestliner with the good lucking blond sleeping on the front casting deck . :D

8. Not sure about the weekend, but I'm taking a guy from work out on Monday and we were planning on trying our luck at Berlin with West Branch as the fall back plan . You got a VHF and what channel do you monitor if you do? Not sure if you remember my boat from Tappan or not, but I'll be in a 16ft Tan/Burgandy Alumacraft Side Console with a Johnson motor on the back. I'll be pretty easy to spot with the PA reg on the boat. I'm hoping to fish for anything that's biting (especially if it's toothy), but the guy I'm taking from work wants to fish for bait, errrr....., bass I mean. :D

Barry

9. Capt.Muskey

I should be out there most of the weekend inclueding Monday. I'll keep an eye out for ya. I'll be in a 16ft Tracker, easy to spot, I'll be wearing my blue OGF hat and spending most of my time working on the outboard. (piece of junk)
    Mostly working the mouth of Mill creek for Eyes or small flatheads (12" or under), Just kidding flathunter ;)
    Good luck Barry, Hope we both do well.

10. paco

paco

muskie update since we had to stop home . i did get two yesterday but they were small ones marked a few hogs but couldn't get'em got both fish on jointed killers musky color 45' of line going under 225 bridge . if you get the small ones like i did please handle them gently . one was only 24" :)

11. Congrats on getting a fish or two. Couple questions for ya. Is it a mad house of boats out there so far this weekend? Where is Mill Creek anyway? Is it up in the bay by the marina?

Thanks

Barry

12. Mill Creek is near Dutch Harbor Marina.

Scott

13. between the railroad bridge and rt. 224 is mil creek. The humps are about half way across the lake from the mouth of mill ceek.

14. paco

paco

i may have my roads mixed up but isn't 225 the one the state park is on and 224 has tall tales bait shop on it ? if i am mixed up then i was under 224 . :eek: the lake went down hill when the wind picked up yesterday water looked like hot chocolat . i did get one more back in mill creek . i forgot to tell ya yesterday i was trolling at 4 to 4.5 mph .

15. Yeah it was muddy in areas today. Add to the wind the madhouse of jetskis, tubers and other misc. pleasure boaters who each had excusive ownership of all rights to use the lake today. :rolleyes: What a mad house. We did a little casting and exploring today. Hit a bunch of bays and bounced around a bit finally got one small largemouth (Firetiger Shad Rap) and an equally small bluegill (crawler) between a guy from work and myself. Trolled and casted a little too, but found no takers either on topwaters, crankbaits or Suicks (I have no Wileys in my box). I'm gonna hit Mill Creek one of these days maybe when there is less traffic on the lake.

Barry

16. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

caught a few bass today around the rt 14 bridge and also caught a few off the old road bed past 224, biggest around 15''

17. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Austin what is the lake level like?

18. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

its still up in the bushes pretty good corey