close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berlin Question

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by cipiti6, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Does anyone know how the lake level is in Berlin? I have a 18ft boat with an I/O. I wonder if I can lauch without any problem?

2. WAs out Mon. Got away from dock o.k. But water is way down.Saw two boats hung up on sand bars. Be carefull

3. Walleye 3

Walleye 3 Mongo

I put in a 21 footer today. If you don't know this lake very well, I would take it easy out on the lake. The worst area would be between 224 and the train bridge because there are a few humps that are just under the water. Stay over to the army corp side of the lake.

4. The lake is so low it makes me sick. Why dosen't proper authorities post areas which are a danger to boaters.

5. I agree. If they know there super shallow spots in the lake mark them so people do not mess up there rigs.

6. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

When one can see so much of the bottom when the water is so low I just wonder what holds the fish. It seems like just a large bowl of nothing. No brush, weeds or stumps.

7. Right now, Berlin is around 5 feet below normal summer pool. I haven't been out there for a few weeks but its treacherous if you are running fast and don't know the lake.

When my kids were young, we lived out there and I would take them around the bays in August when they normally lowered the lake scavenging for lures, etc. It also gave me time to really look at structure and see what I was fishing over in the spring. Its been 25 years since I lived there and I still haven't had to buy wire leaders or sinkers and, we have a box full of old lures.

Just a thought.