close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

berlin open

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by mikeshookset, Jun 30, 2005.

1. there is a open sat july 2nd they are using dutch harbor the hours are 630am to 330 pm entry fee is $100 and the bite is on its been taking over 10lbs to win.

2. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Hey Mike who had over 10lbs 2 weeks in a row? haha just messin man, cya saturday.

3. well i goitta say they are nice guys to bad they are in a g3 instead of a stratos lol

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

hmmmm....I don't fish berlin, could you tell me who it is? :D

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

if it wasn't the first place team then whats the matter? you should have beat them! :D you just need a stratos boat then you might have beat them to the spot...

6. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

congrats on the second place finish,. just bustin your balls a little!

7. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Austin those to guys were they in a procraft. Good job on your finish.

8. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

How can someone steal your spot if they were there first? Congratulations on your finish.

9. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

amen ,Reelman, tell em to quit his crying, it isn't a drought yet! :D

10. Reel Man

Reel Man Member

I don't think it's necessary to resort to name calling. If you are going to though you should at least know this... the correct spelling is not lossers it's losers!

11. well i agree its not goodsportsman ship to fish some one elses fish but it happens all the time . i bought a fast boat not to out run some one to their fish but to be able to get to my fish first. when i win i want to win on fish i found not by outrunning some one i fish against every week on the same lake.

12. Procraftboats21

everyone needs to take the time to read the artical on page 8 of the july/august edition of bassmasters magazine...

13. Procraftboats21

I want to hear comments from the people who have read it also...

14. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

just read it and it sounds like the same situation

15. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

Austin I know who it is they are yellow creek boys.

16. What in the world are you guys talking about?? I have never fished a tournament, and after reading all this mumbo about it, dont want to. You talk about people, degrade people, and try to get them to dislike someone you dont care for. Thats NUTS!!! are you little kids or what?? I dont know the people you are doing this to but do know from my education for a fact that they can take this to any law office and put you on a spot. Anybody that agrees with this junk you say needs to take a good look at how you word things and should be able to figure it out very easy!!!!

17. I again have refrained from posting although having lurked about like a 30lb carp!

Ranger422- I assure you this isn't the norm.

This thing all are speaking of is what I have attempted to profess to the anglers of both our series as "the enemy". These efforts have often resulted in a much better understanding for competitors to shut up smile and fish, actually speaking to others on the water!http://www.dobass.com/THEENEMY.html

The enemy is how you carry yourself on and off the water... and how it effects your fishing, and your life for that matter.

Young bucks is the primary cause of the enemy in this thread and their lack of experience.

No fish are branded. No spots are yours. Many folks have fished same waters(spots) for the last 30 years, especially when referring to the small local holes of NE Ohio. They didn't say you took their spot. Almost any local tournament can be won simply by knowing which professed hole to sit on all day during certain times of the year. It is the case of the proverbial "who gets there first"- especially Berlin.

Our enemy tells us an angler won from "my spot", when often nare a fish was caught there. Our enemy invites controversy as to aid the excuses we create for our failures.

The article regarding Frank and his points in BASSMASTER has almost nothing to do with what is spoken here. They are on bigwater and working for a living. As well, they are professionals and know better.

I still argue there is responsibility of the individual angler during his prefish to not invite such enemies. Tactics and strategy along with a mental edge prevails your personal enemies. Frank would probally smack me right now! ;)

If you do get jumped, I have found singing Silent Night at the top of my lungs often resolves any issues and usually retreats both enemies. A chuckle from my partner and some concerning looks from the invader as they start their big engine and find elsewhere. Other times, a chorous has actually broken out as we share the hole- go figure, tournament anglers creating a sense of comradery. Otherwise-move your feet, loose you seat, no whiners allowed.

Shut up and fish~

Nip
    www.dobass.com

18. hey nipp i will learn the words to silent nite so when i out run ya to your spot that i can sing word for word with ya lmao