Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any success for walleye/crappie at these lakes?
Seems folks have gone silent, are not fishing at all, or only fishing for catfish. Are the dog(catfish only) days of summer here? Just curious. Haven't been out for 2 or 3 weeks myself.
Anyone fishing under a lantern at night anymore?

·
Registered
23 Posts
We are Shoremen and were at W B last Sat. East parking lot. Caught Bass,Crappie,Bluegill,and Cats.The water was very high and made a lot of our shore spots unfishable.This is when we wish we Had a Boat. PEACE

·
Nautical Envy
284 Posts
I been out a lot over the past 2 weeks at berlin and I have seen pleanty of people fishingthe bridge areas and all over the road bed.too myselfe I havnt been able to do much fishing as I've had the family along and spending time with them

·
Registered
433 Posts
I was out at Berlin scouting around today, but I didn't do any fishing. I talked with some folks who said they've been catching scattered walleye, but it's been difficult finding them ready to hit. They're trolling harnesses or flicker shads deep between the 224 and RR bridges. The one guy I talked with said he's also been trolling flicker shads on lead core at Milton in the river channel to catch walleye, but he says it's hit or miss even when he marks fish. All in the 18 to 22 foot range.

·
Registered
145 Posts
We fish Berlin almost every weekend. It's been a tough year out there for us. My walleye programs just haven't been producing like in years past. We did manage two keepers yesterday on bottom bouncers and crawler harnesses in about 12' of water. ( OK, to be honest my wife caught both of them LOL! ) We've been catching lots of channel cats on crank baits and harnesses while walleye fishing. There are some really nice catfish in Berlin. Good luck if you get out there!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts