close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berlin Memorial Day

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FoxieRoxie, May 29, 2007.

1. :S Well, the hubby and I took the boat out from 6:00 til 9:00 p.m. today. I got skunked, but he managed to catch one white bass. The fish were stacked on top of each other somewhere around 30 feet, but just couldn't get them to bite. Was using an orange & yellow (I think) banana jig (if that's what it's called). I'm new at this thing. We tipped it with a crawler, but nothing was biting except that one bass. Any suggestions for what to use on Berlin? I just want to catch something big other than a carp. :B Help...Maybe it was just the moon tonight. Any suggestions for any other lakes would be greatly appreciated.

2. That had to be an exciting time considering the Mem. Day wave-makers that should have been there! Anyway, try 1/16 to 1/8 ounce grub-tailed jigs in white, yellow, or chartreuse tipped with half a crawler or medium sized minnows. You probably were fishing too deep being in the main traffic areas of the maniacs. Try water from 6 inches(right in the willows!) to 18 ft. this early in the year. The fish will also seek some calmer waters in which to feed. This info will shorten your learning curve by maybe two years so good luck!

3. FoxieRoxie

I fished there the same day, very heavy boat traffic. We were throwing 1/8ounce jig heads with white twister tails, throwing jigs near shore and docks, caught 20 crappie and 4 channel cats that were about 18 to 20 inches each. If you are into those kinds of fish I have been doing the same thing for about a month now with similar success.