close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berlin High Water pictures

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TritonBill, May 23, 2004.

1. I was out at Berlin today taking pictures for the X-Series event and website. Check out how high the water is! I've never seen it this high. This is all taken from Bonner Road Ramp. 225 bridge down by alliance you can't get underneath. You can touch the 224 bridge!

Thought you'd like to see.

Bill

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. nice pictures bill.water has come up alot more then yesterday.
    baby bass

3. WOW!!! That's the highest i've ever seen it also. You could touch the 224
    bridge? So much for wading this week. I just finished watching the weigh in
    on ch. 14 vics fishing show. $4,000 was a heck of a nice paycheck for 7 1/2 lbs.
    Imagine the fishing was tough with the high water.

4. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

The water is very high. It was higher than this two years ago. Went past today on my way to mosquito.

5. I don't remember it being that high 2 years ago. I do remember it being high but never that high. Yea..several people said they could touch top of 224 bridge...but I dunno. It's a sight, go out and check it out. It may get worse if we get more rain, hope not.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

spring fishing in Ohio has been very hard the last few years due to all the high water..Looks like this year is going to be no exception.

7. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

hey bill do you know what won it? we didnt stick around to long

8. Rory Franks and his partner won it! Congrats to them! I believe its our own Nippiddee? (pardon my spelling)

9. Nip won another one?! Man, he can catch them everywhere except LaDue! :D ;)
    LaDo

10. Oh, just saw you asked , WHAT won it, I believe it was 7.51lbs for 5 fish. I'll get the results posted a little later this time because I'm going to be tied up this week all week for work. Our next event for the X-Series is at Presque Isle. This will probably be the biggest tourney of the year with many 4-5lb+ smallmouth caught! Check out our site for details ( www.thex-series.com )

11. Thanks for the pics. Heard stories and was thinking of going out there to see myself. Thanks for saving me the trip!

12. Flipp

Flipp Bass Chaser

good job Nip

13. Ben-Lado- Bill-Flipp thanks!

My partner is the man though, his name is Ken Begue! He always puts our biggest in the boat, had a 4lbr in Lakes Trail last year!

I wish "mother" would come around for me Andy- thats my favorite lake. I wont complain though after this spring thus far!!!!

Weight was 7.59 - 7.51 was second- made me sweat when they weighed in!

Pretty unique fishn' with the flood. We found all our fish suspended in 3-5 ft in 10-12ft of water alongside standing trees (the orignal shoreline!). Every single fish was caught by shaking a creature bait as we pitched them over a limb and dropped it into the suspended zone, then shook it like a jackhammer in place. 6 fish from 8-930a ,nothing before, nor after. We spent the next 5 hours looking for limbs to hang up in! Kinda drive a guy NUTS!

Looking forward to NOAA June 5th (Berlin again!). Anyone interested in a 1 in 60 shot at a 100 percent payout of $6k sign up by clicking the website: http://www.dobass.com/100PERCENT.html

Looking forward to Presque Is- win or loose- that place is a factory of fun!

Nip
    www.dobass.com

14. According to the Corps, they had about six inches of water going over the top of the dam the other day. They were looking at a new water level record for Berlin.