Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, yeah it's me again. Just wondering if there are any flathead in Berlin Lake? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Nick

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
i dont know if there is or not..im almost certain i caught one tho..ive caught many bullhead yellow belly or whatever else kind of cats there are and this one had an oversized head and very flat different lookin pretty cool tho

·
Registered
455 Posts
I know there are at least a few in there. I caught a smaller one last year that went 21 inches. A friend of mine said he caught at 30 incher. I would imagine there are some bigger ones in there somewhere.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ive never caught or seen a flathead caught out of Berlin. According to the dnr they've never been stocked in Berlin. Not saying they're not in there, but Id say its a pretty rare occurance when one is caught. Lots of channel cats, more than youd ever want to catch. I can promise you that............

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone, I didn't think there were any stocked, but you alway have a few people that might bring one over from a close lake that does have them. Doing a cat tourney tonight and just want to know if I should bother using large live bait. How about channel cats, Any over 12lbs in there?

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Channel Cats will take live bait too. Bigger the bait, bigger the fish! I caught one on a 5" long live crayfish once. It was only a 2lber though.

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
this is crazy about noone catching any flatheads and the one day that i go out i catch one?? im not a everyday catfish guy but ive caught a lot over the course of my life..lots of mud cats and channels and blues and yeloow bellies. and no lie i caught one off the 225 rocks about 16 inchs or so we looked at it for at least a couple minutes..it was just sooo different looking than any cat ive ever caught, very cool looking, released it back in the water, shoulda got a pic, prolly never catch one again outa there since everyone is claimining their not in there..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts