Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well we were fishing the dam behind berlin dam it's like a fordish thing well on 4/8 me and my dad fished for walleyes but could not stop hooking in to perch on twister tails the perch were big too 8-11inchers we left with 15 and no walleye so today 4/9 we went and got some minnows cappy size minnows and went down and olny fished for 45mins and caught 48 perch that all were 7 inchs and up with one that was 15 inchs man i could not stop watching my float go under it was a blast went up to less's bait shop to show them what was happening behinde the dam and the woman that owns it said she has not seen perch come out of their for years well heres a pic their is a pic at less's of the big perch too
http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=23642&cat=500
this pic only shows 28 perch but we put back 20 perch at the dam it was a blast

·
Registered
1,788 Posts
Nice goin That must mean there are some nice perch in the lake as well. Looks like a blast

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
multi species angler
4,365 Posts
The state record goes by weight. It might have been long but maybe not that heavy. I saw the pics but I did not see any snow. Did they get any?

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
We just got a couple inches to cover the ground down here. Thank God we didn't get the 24"+ like you guys.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Nice Fish! Did you fish in the Berlin Spillway behind the lowhead Dam, or did you fish the middle sections between the jets and the lowhead dam?

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
That is one of the best inland perch catches I have seen in a long time. Should be a darn good meal too.:)

·
Registered
4,711 Posts
Ya! COLD water perch! YUMMY!!!!! Nice job guys.
No snow below St.Rt.80. WB is snow free!

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice Fish! Did you fish in the Berlin Spillway behind the lowhead Dam, or did you fish the middle sections between the jets and the lowhead dam?
i think i fished the spillway behind the lowhead dam but i fished the cament thing behind the dam about 400 yards

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
:C Real nice catch of perch, look more like Lake Erie Perch, glad to hear there are big perch this close to home, will have to give it a try.
:G Great Fishing :F

·
Equal opportunity fishing
4,287 Posts
Fished there many times and don't recall one perch ever being caught! Excellent...like to see more of 'em!

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
nice job on the perch. But this cant be WISH IT WAS U because no spelling errors.lol :D i should be a detective. :D So did u get spell check. I had it for a while and it really helped me notice what i was doing wrong. And it really helped me with my typing.

·
KrappieKat
35 Posts
I made it out to the spillway yesterday (4/10) and hit into the perch. Started with minnows and ended up doing much better on a piece of worm. The water level is low. Saw one walleye caught.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts