Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
went to berlin saturday looking for some crappies,fished the bonner road boat ramp,no fish no bite nothing,went to bedell road bridge and walked around the bend though the path,the wife got one crappie,very small thou,seen a cpl guys fishing another 100 yards or so catching some crappie but realy not slaying them either,hoping they will move in by next weekend,anyone else having any luck?thx

·
Registered
257 Posts
Went out about 7:00 this morning. Drifted, hit the brush, and trolled. Not one bite at the north end of the lake. Water temps were 46-48. Around 10:00 I picked up a 14" crappie in the bay near the old cemetary and then a small blue gill. Got the crappie on minnow and the bluegill on a jig tipped with worm. That was all. Talked to some other guys and they had no luck either. I'm betting that by the end of the week, things should be picking up.

·
KrappieKat
35 Posts
Went north at the Price Rd launch, crossed under 225, went past the island and fished the north shore just after the island. Hit into some slab crappie, white bass, and lots of catfish. Had a good day at the lake. Minnows under a bobber, various depths, road runners.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Went north at the Price Rd launch, crossed under 225, went past the island and fished the north shore just after the island. Hit into some slab crappie, white bass, and lots of catfish. Had a good day at the lake. Minnows under a bobber, various depths, road runners.
I'm happy to see the white bass are becoming active. Hopefully, with all this warm weather, they should be starting to run into the rivers by next weekend or early next week. If you've ever fished the rivers during their runs, you know just how great it can be.

·
KrappieKat
35 Posts
I was thinking the same thing about the white bass run, especially if the temp's stay up this week. These were huge white bass and it was a blast!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
fished just off of teal rd sunday,not much action under a bobber,but saw two guys in waders jiging in the trees,man they must have had two dozen crappies!!!nice ones at that,sure hope the bite comes this weekend!!!anyone know if thats a good spot?either there or the price street bridge?was going ta try around there but there was a bunch of people getting ready ta raise hell with those little boat toys

·
Registered
69 Posts
I believe that teal road is just west of the crappie bridge parking lot on the right. I fished berlin saturday night and sunday morning and caught 2 crappies each day on the trees near the bonner road boat ramp. Water temps in that bay and on the other side of the DOWs work unit was only 50. We only need it to jump five degrees and we'll realy be hammering them. I got one walleye on the point just in front of the bonner rd boat ramp on a pink and white jig drifting in 10 feet of water. I saw three big muskys a bunch of nice bass and a couple crappies come off those trees when the DOW tested there shocker boat on friday morning. All the bass had there lips about ripped off from those idoit bass turny. guys. I wish that they could see what happens to these fish after they hook them, drive them around for a couple hours in a live well, and then claim that they have good survival at the end of the day. If they could only return the next day and see the fish floating in bay by the boat ramp maybe they wouldnt get mad at someone taking one home to eat it.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
teal rd is on the south end of the lake around the price st bridge,lots of trees in the water,hope it helps ya,if ya got any hott crappie locations,feel free ta pm me,thx

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Any of you guys ever hear the saying about crappie turning on with the first full moon of may? I have had luck with an april full moon then a low period till the may full moon. Seems to ring true where I fish. Good Luck to All.
Huntinbull

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hey there,just really started fishing berlin,its much closer fer the wife and i,are u refering ta price street bridge as crappie bridge?anywhere around there good fer crappie once they start ta move or is it off the rocks at the bridge?any feed back is greatly appriciated!!!may the bite be with ya!!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts