Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone been fishing Berlin for bass lately? If so looking for a little help buddy and I going to fishing it this whole weekend? any tips or help just to give us a great weekend on the water..

·
Registered
145 Posts
I caught a big smallie trolling a crank bait for walleye last weekend. It came off of a hump in section one. The walleye have me stumped out there. Good luck this weekend.

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Some great tips there, huh? lol Although they are dropping the water, you may be able to find a few large mouth still using the bushes along the east side of the railroad grade, north of the under pass. Also along the east side of the islands that are to the west of the railroad grade. Jigs with trailers and soft plastics should catch you some fish. And don't forget a wacky rigged stick worm (Senko)

With the water temperatures the way they are you may find you have to fish deeper. If you have a depth finder, pay attention to how deep the bait fish are holding and start fishing that depth and deeper. Crank baits, and Carolina rigs on main lake points to find the fish, then switch to a shaky head to really work the area over. Usually 9' - 12' is the productive zone with the water temperatures we have right now. But it really depends on the water clarity, and how deep the bait fish are. Summer usually means shad imitating baits, but bass I have caught and put in a live well always spit up a lot of crayfish parts. Hope the ideas help you out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts