Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On water earlier 7ish
1st and biggest cat fresh outta the gate - made a complete mess of lines/lures/etc... 24" and frisky (thrashed after slicing me into 4 rods and managed to get tangled - what a frickin mess - 1/2 hr worth of sorting/de-tangling...

Trolled (as usual) HTS (hand tied spinner).

All in all - fun day - ventured up Mill Creek about a mile or so..

over a dozen cats (they are ridiculous this year - all but the first were small like the pic).

nearing a dozen 6-8" crappie - couldn't seem to stumble upon anything larger...

5 LMB - all the same size - haven't had any on HTS this year - all of the sudden...

Left at 2, hat in hand with NO EYES...

Water temp is 64-66 on surface. They are STILL drawing it down, but bonner rd is open.

I think WB is in my future or even Misquiter - can't hurt!!!! Although had fun with ultralights today - Portage Lakes or Wingfoot might make for a break from chasing the Gators.
B.

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
I enjoyed your posting, especially your musky signature!! LOL!! We'll be out there this weekend ( not sure about Saturday's weather ) looking for eye's. Last weekend we couldn't buy one, but caught several on cranks the weekend before. Thinks we'll go back to harnesses like we use in the spring / early summer. Good luck out there!!

-Tom

1 - 2 of 2 Posts