Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, decided to head to Berlin yesterday morning to check it out and try to put something together. Stopped in at Les's for bait and a report but as of lately, there hasn't been much info coming in. We headed out and put on drifts between the 224 causeway and the railroad bridge. Fish finder wasn't working so we were fishing blind. Managed to catch a few cats, some nice gills and a crappie. Drifted lindy rigs with floating jigs and crawlers/leeches. Took the crappie on a jig n minnow. All in all it was a nice morning and nice to get the boat out. All fish were released. No eyes... I'll give it another shot after I get the finder working and see what I can pull. I want to get as much fishing in as possible before bow season starts!! Just wanted to share. If anyone is getting some eyes out there, please share what you'd like. Tight lines

BTW; seemed all of our hits came when we were hitting a rock/stump bottom. As soon as our sinkers stopped bumping and moved over softer bottom (or perhaps deeper water) the hits stopped completely. Good luck out there

1 - 1 of 1 Posts