Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Launched at the state park around 520am. went to my usual spot, set up for a drift SSE very light wind..mainly casted hooked up w a nice channel and then lost a very very nice walleye at the boat again tryin to get the net in place and reel while hes still rippin line,i must not be awake or somethin at 545 in the morning and its always the big one and its always early in the morning.i keep messin up this is the 2nd time its happened to me..startin to lose confidence after while of no good bites, i made a run up to the north side of 224 in 15fow i set up for a drift and again no wind..so i decided to put one rod on each side of the boat and just use the foot control trollin motor to slow troll at whatever speed i wanted. as soon as i did that im talking seconds later, bang i hooked up with the bigger one then the other rod went down, 2 fish in a couple sec then i turned around used the gps and went back my exact trail. and hooked another keeper and lost another one on the other rod. i made one more run through there and got a couple big crappies and a giant perch and some smaller eyes. White 1/16 oz Road Runner tipped w piece of crawler was hot. off the lake at 1145am big fish was 20..oh n by the way half of the one crappies gill was gone..dont know what happen there..noticed some black spots on the eyes i caught never really noticed it before anyone know whats the deal on that ?

Attachments

·
Registered
416 Posts
looks like you had a productive morning... i have caught my share of crappie that have chunks and body parts missing, like you said not quite sure what happens to them but you did catch them in the same adea as the eyes where hanging out.... as far as the black spots where you talking in the meet or on the skin?

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes all the fish were caught in an area the size of a camper, small dont know what was goin on down there a pod of em or something but the spots were on the skin not in between the fins how some bluegill and stuff get in creeks it was different

·
Registered
671 Posts
good to see them roadrunners still working!no wind slow-troll you got it.If you are getting them with that technique,thats when a slip bobber worked for us as well.save some eyes for the fall.I'll be on the big pond till september.good luck

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the big ponds too easy..been up there 30 or so times in the past couple months..had to go inland start challening myself lol. with a rod actually in my hand and not trolling :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts