Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dad and I heading to Berlin tomorrow afternoon and I was just hoping for some general guidance. Not looking for fishing holes or any fishing advice, however its certainly welcome if anyone would like to share (targeting eyes). More so things like where's the best place to launch, certain areas to avoid and how crazy will the lake be in regards to the recreational boaters. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
probably best launch area would be Bonner rd and head to the old railroad tressle walleye have been in water from 12 to 18 ft and its always nuts on the weekends

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
check out tall tales fishing report

·
Registered
4,155 Posts
Launch at les ,a bait shop. , closer to the RR tresses area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,662 Posts
Launch at les ,a bait shop. , closer to the RR tresses area.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And one "great" add'l feature, when the lake gets really "busy", they usually have someone in the lot or at the ramp watching what's going on and keeping things moving smoothly(even available to aid someone having launching or take out problems)! Those things alone, to me, is worth the four bucks! I'm not "rich" by any stretch but I always have 4$ in my jeans, and well worth it!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Maybe a silly question but I’ve never launched from Les’s. Since they close at 6pm is the ramp still available should I decide to fish until dark? Thanks

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Friend and I launched at Les Friday evening. Told the lady we are staying till 3 or 4 in the morning. She said no problem, just open the gate to let yourself out and then close it after passing through. If it’s open when you leave, please close it. We stayed fishing till about 4:00AM yesterday morning. I have no issue leaving my truck and trailer there overnight. Bonner, I would not trust.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
The ramp should be available after they close. I would call them and ask how they would like for you to pay if they are already closed. I would put it in an envelope with your truck description and license plate number. But I wouldn’t know where they would like you to place the envelope. Again call them.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I am older and use my Golden Pass at the Mill Creek Park ramp. I have used this ramp for many years and never had any issues with my SUV or trailer. At times the docks issues has caused me concern but once you know what to avoid all goes well.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Coming in at Les’s Saturday morning.

Sky Darkness Atmospheric phenomenon Water Light

Saw a bunch of people off the SR14 bridge with lanterns on a rope lowered to just above the water and fishing in the light. Most likely crappie fishing.
That bridge is 55 mph. No way would I stand there at night three foot from that traffic at that speed in the dark for some fish.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I can remember doing that about 65 yrs ago, with my dad, uncle, and cousin. I think we were catching white bass.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts