close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berkley Reflex Rods???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by rockbass, Nov 13, 2004.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Hey guys, I am looking for a cheap rod and came across the Berkley Reflex rods. I am wondering if any of you have these rods and what you think of them. I am looking at either 7 or 8 ft for cattin. Thanks ahead of time! :)

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I haved used them in the past,,They are decent rods for the price.
    Not top quality of course, but will do the job..Personally I would try to shell out a few more bucks if you can and go with Ugly Stiks.

3. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

I decided I wanted one a couple years ago and found I could no longer locate them in any of the stores that stocked them in the past. :confused: I wanted it due to the reflective finish for fishing at nite. I called Catfish Connection who told me Berkley had discontinued them but they had three left. I bought two. :) Mine are 8ft. casting models. I wonder if what you found is old stock or if Berkley is making them again.

4. larry2473

larry2473 nw ohio flatheads

Yes they are a decent rod for the money I have a couple myself I dont use them anymore but they worked just fine I now use ugly stick and would not go back to them but for the price they are good and for the reflective it will wear off after a while mine did but when i night fish bank fishing i use a black light and trilene big cat green it glows from the black light and you can get florescent paint and paint stripes on pole and you can see them as well but the any florescent line blue yellow whatever color looks like a glow stick at night with black light and i dont use lantern anymore either i take flashlight but with the black light you can see any movement on the line even the slightest movement is noticed never use a lantern again

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Catfish connection is where I saw them.......I already have a 8 ft ugly stick on my open face combo. I just saw the price and thought they looked decent. My dad is wanting a decent combo, but wants to spend little I already found a real that Mr Corey showed me, I just need to find a rod to match it, that will not throw the combo way over budget. He will prob go with the ugly stick though. He likes mine, so I will bet he will go with that!