close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berkley Gulp! Products

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Slikster, Jul 17, 2005.

1. Slikster

Slikster Shore Bound

Has anyone used this stuff? I've been considering buying some of the maggots and mini earthworms or nightcrawlers to keep in my "spur of the moment" mini tackle box I keep in my vehicle in case I find new water to try while Im out.

Does it really work as good as they say it does? "Outfishes live bait 2 to 1" is a big claim and I find it a little hard to believe.

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have never tried it, but I also find it hard to believe this stuff outfishes live bait.

3. The maggots work good for panfish , but i don't think they outfish livebait.

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I've tried the worms for bass. All they caught were catfish. A ton of catfish and maybe one bass and I never catch catfish. If you leave them open or set your rod down a while with it out of water they dry up and are useless. They are also greesey to the touch and smell up your fingers and leave them feeling oily. I personally wont use them again.

5. Personally I love them. I use the natural color 7inh Nightcrawlers and always get bass. I just bought 2 more in pumpkin seed and watermelon. And yes "Fish Eat Em" [​IMG]

They may not be record size but check this post, Gulp and Bass

I have caught my max limit of bass(6 LM) while using Gulp products. I also use the Berkley Baitdancer and love it for panfish and bass as well.

6. I'ved used Gulp! several times on crawler harnesses with bouncers for s-eyes and it does work. I don't think it's quite as good as the real thing though. It is worth using if you're fishing an area where bait stealers are a problem.

7. I have had lots of good luck with Gulp bait. I do seem to pull up a few catfish, but it seems that bass can't resist them. I have caught some big bass on the 7in night crawlers, and have had lots of luck with the sinking minnows. I'm not sure if they outfish live bait for panfish, but with bass definatly. I've even used them with a drop shot rig and pulled up some nice small mouth. I'd rather be using gulp worms then other soft plastic. Make sure and keep the bag closed and dont leave them on your hook when your done fishing. They dry up and it is a pain to get them off your hook.

8. I have used them before and I don't think that they out fish live bait, but they do last longer than live bait.