close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berkley Cherrywood Graphite Rods

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by SteinwayFishing, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Anybody every use the Cherrywood rods?
    I have a 6 foot casting MH casting rod with a bill dance quantum select baitcast reel on it, from a different combo, and I love it. Anybody use the cherrywood spinning rods, or just have any feedback on the cherrywood rods. I just think they are a nice, low priced bass pole.

2. I've been using the Cherrywood for quite a few years, and just bought 2 new ones recently. That's what size I use the most is a 6 foot MH action. They work just as good as anything else out there, and like you said the price isn't bad at all. Not sure about the spinning rods (don't use them).

3. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

I bought one a few years ago as a 4th spinning rod when I had 2 other rods break in a month's time (don't ask). I used it a year and it was fine. They are too "whippy" for my liking. But they are fishable. They are also very cheap, only like 17.00 bucks last year at Dick's. The main problem with them is the eyes are not graphite or anything, they are just metal. You will get wear and tear on your line with them. Nice rod for 20 bucks though, but you get what you pay for generally.

4. I saw a spinning rod in this series, and it was just like you said. whippy. I know that the spinning rods have more eye to line contact than what a casting rod does. I haven't noticed much line wear on it.