close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Berkeley Glowstiks

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by SteinwayFishing, Jan 13, 2005.

1. Anyone here use Glowstik rods?? I am pretty well set on getting one, as I have no catfish setup and have heard from Rockbass who owns several that they are a good rod. How many pound fish has anyone gotten in on them too!

2. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

I have not tried them but from what all I've heard is nothing but good things.

Myself. I get the 8 inch glow sticks off eBay then use electrical tape to put them on my 4 surf rods when fishing the WV side of the Ohio River. The last time I got the glow sticks I paid under 13 cents ea (shipping included) vs 2 to four new rods.

"Fishing on a budget"

3. MOBY

MOBY

I Got On A 35 Pound Channel At Piedmont With My Brand New Berkley Glowstik!! And You Know What Happened? The Tip Of My Rod Broke. I Mean, Just Snapped Like A Twig! I Grabbed The Line With My Hand And Pulled It In With The Line! I Bought A Large Eagle Claw Rod At Cabelas. It Is A Much Better Rod. I Like It For Cats.

4. 'Rude Dog

'Rude Dog 'Tusc River Rat

bought an ugly stick cat rod last winter from Wally Mart- was on sale for about 25 bucks I believe:8 1/2 foot med. heavy action , with the 5 year ugly stick guarantee !!!!- got a 900 skirted spool mitchell on it, but looking for a good used 302 mitchell salt water reel, If anybody has one for sale , p.m. me !!! 'Rude Dog

5. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Moby, that is nice to know sinceI have not gotten to use mine yet! I hope mine holds up better than yours! But are you sure it was a 35 lb channel and not a flattie?? Or were you fishing somewhere else?? Man if that channel came from ouir area, that was a biggun!

6. I haven't caught a " monster cat " yet but have caught some nice channel cats in the 5-8lb range and like the feel of these rods. I guess the real selling point is how nice they are for nite fishing ... no lantern needed !!!!!

Attached Files:

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I am still amazed at how much they glow without the light turned on. I don't even use the lights in mine

8. thanks i just got a 10 foot one for the store i was wondering what they looked like at night

9. bird

bird

i was at dicks today and seen two people buy them.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Bubbahunter & I felt some tonight @ the new Gander Mountain Store, I thought the price was great $29.99, but man, these things felt like a stinking crappie rod. I mean no backbone @ all. I was real surprised, I guess disappointed. Are they all like that?

11. hhjhjhjhjhjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj
    :!

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Check them out & let us know, I am hoping that we just lookeda tsome of the odd ones & that tehy alla rent like that. I was thinkng of gettign Drew & my wife one to share.