close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bengals sign Pollack

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Tee, Aug 17, 2005.

1. Tee

Tee Team OGF

David Pollack and the Bengals ended their 19-day stalemate Wednesday when he signed a five-year deal that can be worth as much as $13 million, said one of his agents in the office of IMG. The guaranteed money is believed to be $7.65 million.

Pollack, the 17th pick in the first round out of Georgia, continues his transition from All-American defensive end to NFL strong-side linebacker after missing all 24 sessions of training camp at Georgetown (Ky.) College. The club is to break camp after Wednesday morning’s practice, and confirmed the signing with Pollack appearing later at a 2 p.m. Paul Brown Stadium news conference. He's expected to make Thursday’s trip for the second pre-season game against the Redskins.

It was a holdout that rarely spilled into the public. Head coach Marvin Lewis replaced Pollack as No. 1 on the depth chart with Landon Johnson last week, and then in last Monday’s news conference he offered his harshest words yet when Lewis said the dispute went against the team culture he has cultivated in his three seasons as head coach.

“I think we’ve really fought very hard to eliminate these kind of actions around here and it’s a shame that it occurred,” Lewis said. “We have other guys who have chosen to be here and we’ve eliminated selfishness that occurs. I’ve said it many times. If that’s what it comes down to, a dollar here a dollar there, they’re on the wrong football team. This football team will never, ever be guided by one guy. We’re not going to be compromised by one player or one person and that’s not going to change.”

Marvin tells it like it is! Thank you Marvin Lewis! :)

2. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Hopefully, he'll be ready to contribute by the season opener. I can see him now popping the snot out of Heath Miller...! :D ;)
    The only negative being Langdon Johnson has had an outstanding camp and will eventully have to play behind Pollack.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I think he will be a stud, I wish the Browns had him.