close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bengals Give Bresnahan & Hunley the Axe!!!

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by H2O Mellon, Jan 2, 2008.

1. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

So now, who do the Bengals go after as DC & LB coaches?

2. Thanks for the good news, I just got back in the house and hadnt heard yet, I keep hearing that Buddy Ryans sons are going to be available, I hope they take there time and make the right call...anything has to be better than what they have had recently.

3. Tee

Tee Team OGF

I think Bres saw the writing on the wall. Donnie Herderson has been with the team since the beginning of training camp. The Bengals hired him as a "consultant" ;) . It will be interesting to see if he takes the LB job (hunleys job) or DC (Bres's job). I know there IS interest in Rex Ryan-Baltimore's fired DC. Rex Ryan was the LB coach and Marvin was the DC on the Ravens 2000 Superbowl team. I expect there will be an announcment soon. It just depends on what Rex Ryan does. I hear he's in the running for the Ravens Head coaching job. Time will tell.

4. Tim Lewis is also a name thats being thrown around, ties to Lewis, was the Giants DC, but was suppose to have taken the fall when Coughlin was on the hot seat, they said they could have a announcement today, I guess we shall see.

5. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

i say we fire bratkowski and try to hire Billick as offensive coordinator that would be awesome

6. I would be very surprised if Billick would even consider a Coordinator job with any team, he will hold out for a head coaching posistion somewhere.

7. Billick offense co-ordinator thats funny.

8. Billick's offense was always stellar in Baltimore...actually, that is the worst idea I have ever heard.

9. pendog66

do alittle freshing up on your NFL history before you decide to argue with the big boys. this is straight out of the stat book.

"When Green became the head coach of the Minnesota Vikings in 1991, he hired Billick as his tight ends coach. Three games into their second season, Billick was promoted to offensive coordinator and quickly began developing one of the most explosive offenses in the league.

The Vikings made the playoffs during six of the seven seasons (1992-1998) that Billick spent with the team, and set several offensive records in the process. In 1998, Minnesota set an NFL record for most points scored in a season (556) and set a team record with 41 touchdown passes."

10. 11th ranked offense in the AFC only Miami, Jets, KC and buffalo were worse. And thats not 10 years ago that is now.

11. Thats what got him the job in Baltimore, I think he had more talent to work with when he was with the Vikings, I mean back then he had one of the premier if not the premier O-Lines going, he had Chris Carter and Randy Moss, Robert Smith, Cullpepper and a few names Im probably forgetting, Marvin Lewis is known as a Defensive guru...look at the product he has put on the field down there to date.

12. pendog66

look at who he had on offense with the ravens, even then he didnt start coaching the offense until this year

13. Seriously, buff up on my stats? Yeah, Baltimore has been a offensive powerhouse since Billick coached them. They have strictly been a defensive team with a mediocre offense. Yeah, he may have been one heck of a coach with all those studs in Minnesota, but he never built a great offense in Baltimore. Like I said, ALL DEFENSE!

Super Bowl vicotry = Defense

14. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

And the "Mighty Bengals" offense rank where, again this year...??? :confused:

15. pendog66

you said it yourself great stats with offensive studs. And what do the bengals have again on offense????? hmm Palmer, Chad Johnson, Houshmanzadah. chris henry, and some talented running backs

16. pendog66

AND I DO BELIEVE HE WAS THE HEAD COACH AT BALTIMORE AND OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR THIS YEAR. so go back and check the books again

17. Great point pendog...because their offense was terrible this year just like all the rest of the years. I fail to see what you are getting at. I agree that he had a great offense to work with while being an assistant in Minnesota, but for being in Baltimore for 9 years, he never really built a good offense.

I'm a Browns fans, so go ahead and sign Billick. It would not bother me one bit.

18. pendog66

no wonder your a browns fan you wouldnt know what a good coach is "cough Bill Belichick cough"

19. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I'd like to see Ron Rivera come here as DC. I think it was a horrible move by Chicago when they let him go. Rivera is now the LB coach in San Diego.

20. Fair enough...but the Bengals are in the same boat. It has been many, many, many years since they've had a good coach. I thought Marvin was the answer, but he can't seem to do any better than around 500. I'd say the last good coach for the Bengals was ole Sammy Wyche. The same goes for the Browns though, they haven't been the same since Marty.

BTW...Belechick wasn't good with the Browns because he hadn't yet mastered the skills of taping the other team's signals. Since he has been with New England, he has mastered it and look how far they've come. (As a sports fan, that is just a joke. He is a great coach)