close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Below Dam Fishing

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ying6, Mar 17, 2008.

1. went to a local dam and hit these two. Twister tails were the trick. Seems like the saugeye are starting to come up.
    Good fishing days are coming!
    ying[​IMG]

2. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I was at the same dam (I believe) on saturday with columbusslim31 and his brother, and we both blanked. It was pretty miserable fishing in the cold rain, though. Looking forward to some more comfortable and successful fishing.

3. Columbusslim31

Columbusslim31 Student of Finjitsu

Isn't that always the case John? They're always biting on the day you weren't there! Hopefully we'll have more good days than bad during the upcoming season.

4. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

I'll be at the spillway near my work today after it's over, hopefully I do well too! Will report.

5. So which one is the 7 lb'er? All I see is a couple eaters...:D

6. I had a 5 and I thought the guy next to me had a bigger one.... turned out to be a little smaller. Picture phones don't do fish justice... that is my story and I am sticking to it.

7. Thanks for clearing that up mike.

Seriously though, nice pic. I especially like the fish in your right hand with the open wound (below the adipose fin). It helps to illustrate where the spear went through. :p :D

p.s. Got your pm. I should be available.

8. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

9. Stay out of my hole Mike!!! ;) Terry i heard 8 pounder!! LOL Mike was a little excited it has been awhile since he has caught a saugeye!! Great Job Mike nice fish!!

10. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Nice fish!! Big fun!! Gotta love this time of year:)

11. Mike,

Nice fish! I worked on the boat instead of fishing this past weekend. Guess I should have gone. We'll be boating pretty soon!

Tim

12. Mike,

Nice fish! So is spillway fishing plan "B" when the Steelhead rivers are blown? I don't know how many times you said you wished you lived closer to the Steelies, now it's me doing the wishing.

Wes

13. thanks guys, I bet yesterday would have been a good time to be down there. I would imagine the fish would be active. I think Alum might start turning on pretty soon, Would be interesting to see what the water tempature is at these different dams ( I know the guage says.. but very hard to figure out with the water flowing) and to see when the fish get tipped off to move up.
    Don't know for sure, but I would imagine it has to do with tempature.

Hopefully will get out again this week. Good thing about these locations, rain doesn't matter.
    ying

14. Capital outdoorsman

Capital outdoorsman day late, dollar short

I've been hitting up spillways a bit more this year than last and I still have yet to catch a fish. I have not even gotten a bite below Hoover in about 5 trips over the last few weeks. Every time I go out it seems I "shoulda been there yesterday." Better than sitting at home but frustrating nonetheless.

15. Juan More Fish

Juan More Fish AKA Dnavarroj

We have been out several times and nothing.:(
    Unless you count us snagging a carp by his tail:D

16. Ying my man!! RAIN DOES MATTER!!! The MORE the BETTER!:p

17. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

2" of rain ought to keep the gates open for awhile. I'll be out of town this weekend....I am actually gonna fish the Maumee if it's fishable. I'll probably be up that way the following weekend.

CG

18. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Looks like Delaware and Alum are holding back water. Deer Creek is at full crank right now, but I would think they would hold water back soon as well. I think this might be a little to much rain! :confused:

CG

19. Deer Creek is closed as of 6pm last night and the fishings nice.Went this morn got alot of dinks one 15-16in saw everyone catch a few.

20. ErieAngler

ErieAngler Still Deadly w/ The Net

Local Dam - nice report.........good to see some fish are being caught! (The secretcy of the inland fisherman - like everyone viewing the thread is going to go there and catch them all.....?)

Sorry guys, I really don't care, it just makes me laugh!

Last week guys were pulling in nice saug below dam at Alum on twisters and crawlers, water was fairly low and muddy. Once gate opens and water warms, the fishing should be great. If I'm down there spying on stringers I'll let you'all in on the secret if there is anything to tell.