close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Belmont Lake Info

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by JignPig Guide, Mar 9, 2008.

1. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Anyone have much experience on Belmont Lake out by Barkamp State Park? There has got to be some eight pounders in that one.
    JignPig

2. Champion188 Elite

Champion188 Elite Smallie slayer

Yep! There are some big boys in there :B . I fish it a few times a year.
    They can be tough to catch,but if you are there when they are on the feed you can have a very good day.
    I've done my best right after ice-out into early summer.
    I broke one off last year in some timber that was well over 7lb in my estimation.

3. back in 19996 i caught an 8.5 largemouth out of there!!!!!!!! i have also lost some monsters out of there !!!!!! they are in there if you can find,em .pappysgto@aol.com

4. JignPig Guide

Thanks for the reply guys...

Last Fall I was working at the Cardinal Power plant North of Wheeling and I stayed at Barkamp State Park. I didn't have my boat. And I was working 60-hours a week and coudn't get much fishing in before the cold weather hit. But I did talk to a couple of older fellows in a jon boat. And one of them stated that he had caught one over 8-pounds too! An eight-pound Ohio bass gets me interested!!! I guess I'll be checking those waters out this year along with my others.

JignPig

5. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

i fished it pretty heavily the past few years till i moved to cadiz there are some nice bass in there , fish the back waters early in the year through late summer then 10 to 12 feet of water with jig and pig in fall and winter

6. JignPig Guide

Thanks uglykat,
    I've been pitching a JignPig for over 20-years now. And it sounds like you've done your share of it also.
    Isn't Cadiz about 1/2-hour North of Belmont Lake? I would drive that for an 8-1/2 pound bass. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure I'll be driving about 2-hours to try for one of those eight pounders myself. I'll let you know when I'm heading over so you can visit me either at the campsite or on the water.
    JignPig out...

7. JignPig Guide

Much respect to Badbub! Nice!!!

8. uglykat23

uglykat23 duuuuhhhuuuuuhhhhh

if you want bigger then 8 pounders plus some nice crappies to boot i got some secret holes in egypt valley that dont get fished that much there is about 5 in one pond that will go 8 or better and a pair in the other that will go 10 or better, every one fish's these ponds for cats and not bass so the bass have grown huge hopefully they all made it through the winter ill find out early april when i go for crappies , yea hit me up i like making new fishing buddies

9. JignPig Guide

Hell yea uglykat23! Hey man, I'll give you a shout-out when I'm heading over to Belmont Lake.
    JignPig

10. JignPig Guide

Hell yea Uglykat23! I'll give you a shout-out when I'm heading over to Belmont Lake/Barkamp State Park.
    JignPig