Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out this morning about 4 miles out to do a little trolling we only got 1 eye. Were thinking about heading to the Buoy but we decided against it due to possible bad weather.Lots of junk fish time to get the perch gear out.

·
Night Owl
421 Posts
You went three and a half miles to far. Huge amounts of walleye are being taken in 18 to 22 FOW in front of Beaver Creek. Reef runners.....stagger the lines out and tighten them up once your pattern starts working.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Two of us pulled 12 and then caught two more catch and release in three hours. 38 flow out of beaver 10am-1pm. Lots of fish around. Dipseys with meat and reef runners did best.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Fishing the depth changes was best.vwe fished a area the changed from 44 fow to 38fow rapidly and picked all the fish when we bit 38 fow

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
pulled 11 last night fishing the same depths as crazylady. Most of our fish came in the deeper water though. Dipsys and inline weights with harnesses both produced. 1 setting 52 back with double willows was our best presentation.

·
2,419 Posts
We fished the area between Lorain & Beaver (2 of us). Fished 20 to 26 fow. Marked fish but could not get them going. Pulled 5 but it was really slow. All but one came on green flash RR 60 back at about 1.8 mph. Tried colorado harnesses on 2 oz inlines & hooked 4 but they all came unbuttoned so we switched over to all RR.

We had minnows with us and a we thought about trying for perch but from the chatter on the radio, the perching guys were not doing so good either so we kept at it.

I saw a few boats further out - sounds like that is where we should have been.

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
we saw 5 or 6 boats in real tight last night. There wasn't a boat anywhere near us last night. We ended up with two fish ohios our first fish was just shy of 30in and our last was 28. The rest of them between 18 and 24. Good night of fishing, not much junk barely used any gas.

only bad part was my buddy knocked a nice rod that I've had for 15+ years into the lake to never be found again. I guess it can be replaced though

·
2,419 Posts
If the weather forecast holds, Thurs & Fri look good and I will give it another go. If anyone is interested in working together I will be on channel 79 or you can PM me and we can swop cell-numbers (which work that close in ;))

·
2,419 Posts
So long as the weather cooperates I am usually on the water by 7:30 to 8:00am. I launch out of Spitzer Marina (Lorain).

·
Registered
230 Posts
Awesome I should be out a little before that. As long as I am going I will pm you my number tomorrow and we can work together

·
Registered
2,411 Posts
if anyone is going out in the eve thursday or friday feel free to pm me your number and we can work together

·
Registered
694 Posts
I'm planning on being there thur am with a couple first timers hope to put them on some fish. If we get on them early I'll give a shout on 79

·
Registered
218 Posts
looks like I'll be heading out of Beaver thurs as well...around 645 ish.... not sure what the guys wanna fish for yet...eyes or perch...but I'll be listening to ch79 for all of you out there! chromesteelhead (dave)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts