close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beaver Lake, Ontario, Ca

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Seaturd, Jul 19, 2004.

1. Seaturd

Seaturd Catcher of Fish

Spent July 10th thru 16th fishing the North and South Beaver lakes located about a 1/2 hr north of Napanee, Ontario off Rt. 41. Walleye and smallmouth bass were cooperative most of the week and the largemouth and pike got in on the bite also on occasion. Biggest pike - 32", walleye - 23", smallmouth - 17" (several of these) and large mouth was 18 3/4". No trophies by any stretch but lots of fish caught by my son and I.

These lakes are small by Canadian standards and receive considerable fishing pressure due to close proximity to larger cities like Napanee and Kingston. Weekends now have the water and jet ski crowd churning things up although it's certainly nothing like we have in Ohio. The quality of fishing has been on the decline in past 10 years - 5 to 6 lbs largemouth weren't uncommon back then and pretty rare now. I had to sift thru a boatload of 12-14 inch walleyes to get some eaters and 5 lb plus fish aren't common anymore. The smallmouth fishery does seem to be holding up well but the size of the pike in the lake has definitely decreased on average.