close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beaver creek smallies

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Migr9fish, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Has anyone been down to creek for smallmouth!!

2. You talking beaver creek in Lorain county? didn't think it was deep enough to hold fish.

3. Must be the little beaver creek that empties into the Ohio River. The Beaver creek in Lorain county does not hold any smallmouth except maybe in the marina during the spawn.

4. Doboy

Doboy HeWhoDiesWithTheMostToysWins

Well, I guess the best clue is "DOWN".?
    Is so, YES.
    3 of us started at rt7 & worked our way to the mouth, & then 3 stops down to NC Dam.
    I caught 3 in the 'Creek'. Drifting fatheads below a slip bobber, working the deeper holes.
    3 more, on the Ohio.
    It's time.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.6481842,-80.5162572,1327m/data=!3m1!1e3

5. Beaver creek in Calcutta Ohio. Grime bridge road. We usually do very good down there with tubes and twisters. It's a very beautiful creek always wildlife down there and mushrooms if ur a mushroom hunter.

6. You should check the water level before you go. Heavy rains can wash it out pretty quickly and make it hard to wade if not dangerous

7. Yup! I know it can get nasty down there. Usually if water is high we fish the beaver ponds up in the hills. There is some nice smallies in there and crappies.

8. NateS

NateS

I know over the weekend the main river smallies were biting really good.