Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
655 Posts
The USGS stream flow data says the river peaked out at 12,000 cfm a couple hours ago. That is about the highest I've seen it on the graph. I have seen it get to 10,000 before, but not over. The normal cfm this time of year is 200-400.

I canoe it in the spring when the cfms are around 1,000-1,700. They are measured near the mouth in E Liverpool. I canoe the middle fork from Lisbon to Fredrickstown (rte 170/171?) right before the river goes into the "gorge rapids" section. They will tear my canoe up at that 1,000+ cfm mark! No more posts from me if I try that! The middle fork is too shallow and rocky to canoe at less than 800 cfm at the mouth. But even at 1,000+, that stream is flowin' hard! It gets tough about 5-10 river miles south of Lisbon. The river is one continuous rapid twisting and turning through floodplain areas and you get slmmed into logs and dirt banks/cliffs. Very tough to canoe, but a BLAST! Been thrown out many a time...no injuries yet though! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Be Safe Austin. I saw Lisbon on the news tonight and what a mess it was. The storms so far tonight have missed us here in Damascus. We did get 5" of rain last night/this morning though.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
We sure got hit hard in Columbiana County. I am glad I live up on a hill about 3 miles from Rogers.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Let me guess, the houses that were destroyed were the ones underneath the rte 30 bridge. I launch at that little park down below the bridge, at the base of a small overhead dam. There is this little dirt road that goes along the river and I decided to drive down it one time. I could not believe that there were houses down in this gorge under the bridge practically. Very poor area. On the map I think the place is called Logtown.

Those HAVE to be the houses. So close to the river. Dumb place to build.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts