Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
"THE LUCKY TOUCH"
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trolled at the 33-17 34-15 and picked up one eye. then drifted and picked up a fish ohio eye. Ended with trolling and got 2 more eyes. pink panties was the color. 2oz 90 back caught all the eyes and 20 sheephead or so. then we perched fished in between hot waters and beaver and got some perch. Really small on the size had to throw several back. but there wasn't much trash fish.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I trolled around the perch pack today for an hour or two caught 1 walleye and plenty of junk.

OutdoorHub Mobile, the information engine of the outdoors

·
Registered
108 Posts
offshore24: I was out most of today and started where you were yesterday. All meat with a variety of colors but most came on dipsey #1 set both at 0 and 3 with the pink panties. Set the 3's at 55 and the 0's on 30 and rand some 40 jets back 100 to 140. Hot as the hinges on the gates of hell today in the afternoon. We moved west and fished 46 FOW at the 33-19 line. Running the 19-20 line north and south was our best. About 4:00 pm we hit three eyes with two over 8 lb. Went back thru twice, but no luck and out of water to drink and ice was almost gone in cooler so we booked back into Vermilion. Ended day with 7 in the box and several more hit and runs and lost on the way to the net. Lake flat as glass most of day. Just another update and sharing of information. Thanks for your info...it helped. Good luck and be safe out there.

·
"THE LUCKY TOUCH"
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi rider,

i ran 4 #1 dipsy's w/ rings 1setting at 45-55 back 3-4setting 80-90 back. between those 4 rods they got maybe 3 fish all being farm animals. I ran 3 tru trip 40 jets 80-100 back and 3 2oz 80-100 back. By the end of the day we had 4 harnesses that were pink panties or similiar and 2 pink panties spoons. The fish were scattered out. When we go across them on the depth finder we would pick up a fish or two. At 1 point we had 5 rods hooked up at 1 time 4 sheephead which we landed and 1 eye which we lost. those five rods all went off within 30seconds of each other. The weights did better than the jets. Blueberry muffin caught alot of fish but no walleye. there was a charte near us that was casting. i seen them net a few fish that 's why we tried drifting. did it for an hour or so and picked up a 28 1/2" eye and about 4 sheephead. 3 on pinkpanties including the eye and 1 on a perch dearie.

last week to the east of there we could'nt get the blueberry spoon on a planer line before a sheephead or whitebass would grab it. at one point it happened 6 times in a row with 1 fish being a 7lb eye.

thanks for the report.
on the water we go by "The Lucky Touch"

·
Registered
108 Posts
OF24:
We ran meat exclusively and I think if we tried some spoons we might have had a program. We did try one HJ just for fun and caught some WB and SH. Went back to the meat and threw on some green and that started to work in the afternoon. Heard that from some other posters on OGF so what the hell put on what they want, right? My partner is going to try tomorow and I told him to zigzag the 19 line going North from the 32 line to the 35 and I think that will be hot...if the weather lets him. I would move those jets anywhere from 90 to 170. We cought the biggest fish on the 40 jet with a chicken wing on it 170 back going south on the line. It took me 35 minutes to get the fish to the boat and we almost lost it on the swim deck. Net man was ready to jump in after he caught the fish on the outside of the net and pinned it on the swim deck.
These are some of the fish we got on Tuesday. First time trying to post at picture so I hope they work out. Good luck and Be Safe out there! Keep in touch and let's get those fish!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts