Bear sighting in SE Ohio...

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by gf319804, Sep 19, 2008.

1. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

So, I'm sitting at work tonight, and I notice that I have a voicemail from the wife. I step out to check the message, and all I get is a broken up voicemail. I can only hear bits and pieces, but I am able to tell she is upset about something. I sent her a text asking if everything is ok, and the response I got back was rather shocking...it read, "There's a bear on the hood of my car!"

Aparently she had been visiting with her mother, and on her way home, a large black blob ran out in front of her. She thought it was a dog, and slowed down when she realized it was a black bear! I guess she decided she was going to get a picture of it with her phone, and the next thing she knew the bear was climbing on the hood of her car. She said she tried driving forwards and backwards and honking the horn to get the thing off, but he just sat there. She called my parents and they drove out to rescue her. 10 minutes later my parents show up and the bear is still setting there. They had to yell at it to get it off her hood.

Crazy long story, I know, but one I had to share. BTW, this was in Cutler, Ohio. Have a great night!

2. Although there are wild bear in SE ohio, that sounds kind of strange. I bet the bear was someones pet prior to being released into the wild. That's not normal bear behavior, but I'm sure it made for an interesting evening!

3. gf319804

gf319804 The Ohio Outdoors

That's what I thought also, but never the less, an interesting experience...