close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bear in town

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by rattletraprex, Jun 16, 2007.

1. A black bear ran through Tuscora park in New Phila. yesterday about 2pm. There's a story in the Times-reporter but i don't know how to post the link. A cop that was following it has some video of it from the car cam. He thought he could corner it when it got to an eight foot fence but the bear went over that with no problem. What was he going to do if he did corner it is my question? It was spotted the day before eating from a bird feeder so they are saying to remove feeders and trash cans.Used to seeing deer in town but now bears,may be able to hunt in my back yard before long.

2. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

We have several of them up here in Trumbull County. I work with a guy from Steubenville in Jefferson County and they had sightings down his way last week as well.

3. On the news the other morning they showed pics that a lady took of a fairly sizeable black bear in her backyard, pics were from down around Piketon I think.

4. Tuscora Park is not to far from me, It would be cool to see one in the wild.

5. alan farver

alan farver purple raiders softball

my girlfriend lives about 1 block from tuscora.the way it sounds it went into the woods behind her house.guess i will set the deer cam up.

6. WOW I grew up in that area, never had anything like that around when I was young!!

7. There were more reports of it sighted at the North end of Dover and the rest area on 77 Saturday. The Highway Patrol had a plane in the area but they didn't see it.

8. I live on the north end of Dover and I was outside yesterday morning/afternoon and saw the plane making circles...and was wondering if they might be looking for something...

9. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

I was tubing on Friday in a small pond in my hometown county of Mercer, Pa. (right on the Penn-Ohio border near Youngstown) and a small bear came to the shore about 100 feet from me. I was so into watching him that I forgot I had a camera packed away in the tube! It was one of those moments where it took my mind a couple of seconds to register what I was actually seeing.

10. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Maybe there'll be a black bear season soon in Ohio?

We'll need a new smilie. !% :D