close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beagle

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by captain ahab, Sep 11, 2004.

1. captain ahab

captain ahab

0   0   0

I found a beagle at a park the other day. My guess is it got on a scent and got too separated from its owner. I have not been able to find its original owner and am looking for a good home for him. My vet checked him out and said he is just a year old and a nice beagle. I am in Columbus and he does howl if I leave him alone outside as beagles will do but he is not housebroken though he seems smart and would learn quickly. If there are any serious beagle lovers out there let me know. I am giving the dog to my vet on Monday as he said he can find a home for him so you need to let me know quickly if you are seriously interested.

2. rustyfish

rustyfish

0   0   0

i wish i could. I had one, but he started taking off after females, he would come home eveynow and then. The people down the road siad he hung around for about a month then took off. Havent heard of him since.

Best dog i ever had.

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

0   0   0

Cry rustyfish, cry.

4. rustyfish

rustyfish

0   0   0

Fishman you have no heart.

Ahab dont give it to Fishman he will feed it to his snake!!!!! lol

5. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

0   0   0

I would hate to see you find another home for this poor puppy without exploring other options to find the owners.
    My suggestions:
    1)call local police/sheriff's department. They keep a file of all found/lost dogs.
    2)call local humane society or local pet shelter. Often the owners call here to see if there pet has been brought there.
    3)advertise in local newspaper. If you are a subscriber, sometimes this is free.
    4)post a flyer in local grocery store/drug store/gas station.
    I know this may seem like alot of footwork. But, I can tell you from experience, that losing a pet, and never finding out if your pet is dead or alive, ever, really does not allow any closure to your loss.
    Good Luck to you!
    Marcia

6. captain ahab

captain ahab

0   0   0

I checked the state park where he was found but no one reported a missing dog- also checked the shelter near there with no luck. A lot of beagles are casualties of hunting and turn up abandoned if they are not great hunting dogs or go off on a scent. There are a couple beagle rescue places as a result in ohio and they are full. This dog though is quite striking, young and intelligent so my vet thinks he will find him a good home.

7. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

0   0   0

maan..i hate reading post like this..if i have a nice yard and big house, i would definitely takes the lil' feller in.. hope you find him a home..if not, i'll also ask around.. :)