close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beagle training

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by TxTransplant, Nov 2, 2004.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

I'm gonna get a beagle this weekend I think. Anyone have some suggestions on good books or references to start reading up on for rabbit training? I've been wanting to do this and finally got to the point where I have the time to spend with a dog. Also any good leads on a place to get a good pup. Thanx in advance!

Gene

2. If you pick up a quality pup, all you need to do is take it to where there are plenty of bunnies.
    The pup will train you.
    My dad raises excellent beagles but he has no pups right now.
    If you want, I can get you his phone # and he can direct you to a high quality beagler.

3. TxTransplant

Can ya PM me that number? Thanx!

Gene

4. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Can you train your pup to hunt christmas trees on the ice?

5. I Think The Best Thing To Do Is Run It W/beagles Already Trained..they Catch On Fast That Way

6. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

does this beagle get my front seat in your jon boat? Cause if so, I am either sitting in your lap or the dog is... :D :D :D :D

flash-------------------------------------out

7. TxTransplant

I just got back from getting my Beagle. 10 week old blue tick and what a beauty. Flash you'll have to ride by the trolling motor....this little boy gets what he wants....unless you will chase rabbits for me! Wait till ya see him Ben he's a cute little thing!

Gene

8. "J"

"J"

Hey WalleyeGuy, does your Dad know anyone that has any 9" beagle pups or started dogs? I'm thinking about getting back into the rabbit business. Thanks "J"

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I was on the look for a new bird dog. Ours died a few years back. I made the mistake of taking my boys with me. I wanted the gold lab mix, but the rest of the family out ruled me and we got this little darling. She is doberman mix.
    [​IMG]

10. TxTransplant

I tried to put a pic of my pup on here but it is too large a file. Anyone able to tell me how to get it to a file small enough to post? Thanx!

Gene

11. TxTransplant

Just sent it to ya email Truck. Thanx for trying for me.

Gene

12. What a pretty pup!!! :)

13. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice looking pup good luck!

14. Two

Two

I think WalleyeGuy has it. Let the pup train you and him self. My 9 year old son and I went out and got me a 6 year old Beagle last year. While we was there the guy had 3 pups left from a litter. My son wanted this one pup bad but didn't have $150.00. So good ol dad gave up the cash as long as HE takes care and trains the pup. Well its been a lil over a year and that pup will jump up them rabbits. All my son would do was run his pup on them evening rabbits while they was eatting the grass in the yard. The pup knew what to do right off the start. The pup has a great chop on trail. I read something on the computer that said run the pups with the older dogs only once in awhile and mostly by them selfs till they learn. They said if you run your pups with the older dogs all the time they turn into "me to" pups.

15. TxTransplant

Thanx Truck! He is really a smart pup. I've had him a week and already he goes to the door to go out. Can't wait to put him on the bunnies! Thanx for all the advice everyone. One last question.....how old should he be before I try putting him on them. Truck you gotta teach me how to get those pics on. What program do I need? Thanx again all!

Gene

16. The pup will let you know when he is old enough.No programs needed,do a search on posting pics-Mrfishohio responce tells it all.If you still have problems let me know.Daryl

17. TxTransplant

Thanx Daryl.....I got it.

Gene

18. I absolutely love this dog! About ten years ago we had a full grown dog that looked just like this one. I'm heading off to college at the end of this school year and mom thinks i need a protective dog. I know our old one, similar to yours was. I was wondering if you could send me information about this dog. Like where a good place to get one would be, if it is easy to house-break, temper,.... Thank you so much for your time!!