close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Beagle problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crooked stripe, Oct 21, 2007.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

I have a 2.5 year old male beagle that has been fixed. When he gets board and that takes 3 minutes he digs holes under the fence. I have a 1/2 acre that is fenced in and have put stakes in all the holes that he has dug to stop him. I looked into the electric fencing but that is to expensive for our budget. I purchased a dog run and installed it from the door to a large tree in which he can run. When hooked up to the dog run he just lays on the porch being afraid of the cable. He is house broken real well but he won't do his business on the dog run. I need some good sulutions to my problems. When he gets loose all he does is run. Running doesn't bother me it is just he is going to get killed by a car while he runs across the street many times. All sugestions would be appreciated. John

2. Tractor Supply sells a pet sized electric fence unit. $25, a spool of wire, and some insulators and your all set. I'm no stranger to digging dogs myself. ;)

3. harle96

harle96 Draggin Meat

I had a beagle about 12 years ago. We had to rename him from Dutch to Hudeni...

He always found a way out of the yard.

Good Luck:D

4. crooked stripe

Tractor Supply here I come. I looked it up on the net and for 50 bucks I will be in business. I will keep you informed of the progress. Thanks John

5. I stopped my dog from digging by buryinr her poop.

She was digging holes to get to rocks. I tried everything... someone suggested that you take her poop, put it in the holes she digs and then fill it in.

It works, plus I have a good place to put her mess!

6. crooked stripe

I finally got a unit that works after two bad ones. The first thing the dog does is run out and sticks his nose on the wire. He yelps then comes running for the house. How long do you feel it will take him to figure it out? I am begning to wonder if he is smart enough. I figure with all the rain the wet ground helps with the grounding process. Maybe when It dried out some the shock won't be so bad. I need all the input I can get. John

7. I’ve had beagles myself, and they aren’t always the smartest dogs. :D The shock isn’t too strong, but it likely scares him more than anything. Give him a couple days, he won’t even test it anymore.