Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the market to buy or trade for a good squirrel bb gun...something silent and or quiet...I might be up for just borrowing it for a week or two for a small deposit and or fee... Quiet is the key...just in case like say i was at my kitchen island reading the paper and having coffe on a sunday morning around 9 am....and a squirrel or maybe a really fat squirrel with a weird meow sound happens to walk by my deck and peeee everywhere....JUst saying...hypothetically..

Thanks,
mike

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
I used to have that problem. A BB gun may not be powerful enough for fat meowing squirrels! A pellet gun might work slightly better. But my personal favorite is a live trap and a trash can filled with water. The neighbors will never know!

·
Registered
769 Posts
Maybe you could drop it off in Westerville for a second cup while a senior citizen reverts to his army days and proceeds to blast the s++t out of a couple of distant cousins of your guy. Also a Mike

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I used to have that problem. A BB gun may not be powerful enough for fat meowing squirrels! A pellet gun might work slightly better. But my personal favorite is a live trap and a trash can filled with water. The neighbors will never know!
Why bother with the live trap then. I have had my problem with peeing cats and I wont go on a soapbox, but, the cats I had to deal with didnt suffer in the end.

·
Banned
1,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i tried the live traps..these dam things are super smart..i watched them...I have a buddy who is gonna loan me a paintball rifle..??? at least I will be able to tell if its the same cat...lol

·
Registered
721 Posts
If you wanna catch cats in a live trap ya need to cover the trap with a old blanket an use tuna for bait.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Im glad y'all don't live 'round here!! 'Cause you don't have a trap BIG enough to catch My cat!! Gizmo,, is the "Cat" of the neighborhood,,Everybody knows "Mo"!! He is a LEGEND!! He chases ALL the wondering dogs & cats OUT of our yard,,+ a he's handled a few red tail hawks too!!& not a one ever comes back!! He is a playmate to all the Neighbors pets,,and protector of our yard and the surrounding yards..He's a Main ****/mix,,23lbs!! & the BEST Damned Buddy you could ever have!!!! So-sady dog,,I say to you,,get a really BIG cat,,& the problem just might end at that... & you may have a LOYAL & Awesome Pal to keep you company on occasions that otherwise may be a bit more hollow... I know that pi$$n cats are NO fun!! We used to have the same thing here,,'til Gizmo came home with my youngest Son on a Fourth-O-July years ago,,I'm SURE glad He picked him up& brought him home to us,, life won't ever be the same without my buddy Mo,,He's 13 now,,& still has the heart of a Wildcat!! Good luck with your "meowing squirells"!! "Big cats" take out little "meowing squirrels";)(Isn't that also a model of a pellet rifle??Gamo-Big Cat) I also have one of them,,fast & quiet!!.... ----->>>>>sonar<<<<<-----

·
Registered
911 Posts
i tried the live traps..these dam things are super smart..i watched them...I have a buddy who is gonna loan me a paintball rifle..??? at least I will be able to tell if its the same cat...lol
You have to put a brick on the door and only open one side of the trap so when it shuts, it stays shut. Otherwise you'll miss them 9 out of 10 times.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts