close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BattleField 2, anyone playing?

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by TritonBill, Jul 6, 2005.

1. I've been playing Battlefield 2 now for about 1 week. This game is definately a lot of fun and I can see it being around for a while. Just the other night on gamespy the # of users playing BF2 surpassed that of Half Life which is a good sign that people are playing and like the game. The graphics are great and it runs pretty smooth unless you join on a laggy server. It's mostly geared for multiplayer but it can be single player too.

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/battlefield2/us/home.jsp

2. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

Just not purchased it from Newegg.com. Heard some good things about this game. Hope it lives up to its hype. It has got to beat Counter-Strike Source to be impressive though.. We'll see.. hehe

3. So it is out now huh, good. I have been playing vietnam for awhile now. Looks like it is time to update to part 2. I have Counter Strike also, but wasn't all that impressed with it. I like Battlefield Vietnam alot more. Not that CS: S is a bad game because it's not. I just wasn't impressed with it. From the footage I have seen, B2 looks awesome. I will have to get it.

4. FABA_Guy24

FABA_Guy24 Bucketmouths Nightmare

well as far as graphics is concerned BF2 and bf have cs and css beat big time.. but the gameplay in just awesome in css i think.. alot of fraggin. :D We will see though.. Kinda excited on getting BF2

5. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

hey rod&reel, question about bf/vietnam...... wheres these tunnels ive read about.... something about getting the engineer and shovel? and what maps are they in?
    sorry off topic....

6. I'm not sure I follow you. I have been on maps with tunnels on them, but I aint sure if thats what your talking about.

7. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

uummmm, nevermind. i just read they're spawnpoints on the maps that they are on. i thought they would be actual tunnels with traps and such. :rolleyes:

"where are you going soldier? get back blah blah" .... on and on and on... there should be an option to turn off that stupid announcer babble....... :rolleyes:

8. Yes you can spawn underground on the maps that have tunnels. And I too wish you could turn it off in options.

9. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

BF2 kicks major butt. I have all three of them and until BF2 the only one I really enjoyed was desert combat for BF1942. Now that BF2 is out, it's all I'm playing :D

If your into modern combat there is no other game that compares. The only downside is, that you need a beast of a computer to run it. Anything geforce 4 and below will not play it. I think you need a 9700 ati at least to make it work as well. It's well worth it though.

10. Iron_Chef_CD

Iron_Chef_CD Allez Cuisine

Oh LT, the tunnels you are talking about are when you are the engineer you get a shovel and can "dig" a spawn point. This comes in handy when you have no spawn points and your the only one left on the team, dig one out of site of the enemy and every one can spawn. Also when you have all the spawn points you can put one right next to the enemy's main base and spawn real close.

I'm not sure but I think it's only available on certain levels. Don't quote me though.

11. It does demand a lot of horesepower from your PC in RAM and Video Card. I'm currently running a AMD 2500 Barton Processor with 1 gig of ram and an ATI 9800 128mb Video card.

I just ordered a new pc parts though that will run BF2 in it's sleep. AMD 3700 Processor with 2 Gig Corsair XMS ram and a Geforce 7800GTX vide Card! There isn't a game out that I won't be able to play with all the features turned up! woohooo!

12. I thought that was what he was asking, but when he said tunnels, it threw me off.

13. I have:
    AMD Athlon 64-bit 3200
    1 GIG pc 4400
    256MB Nvidia Geforce 5700 FX/T.V. out
    120 GIG Hard Drive 8MB Cache
    19" Monitor
    I could list the rest of the specs, but it's nothing that would effect the game play.