Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Chugr
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to replace the batterys in my Bass Tracker 40hp and would like to know if anyone had any good ideas of batteries that would last and wouldnt cost a bunch...Thanks

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
What David said...Walmart batts = Everstarts. I use em, and a bunch of guys I know do, and swear by em.

·
Registered
163 Posts
How Much Guys....i Got Mine At Meijer And It Is A Pretty Big One...on Sale---got It For About 45.00....did Get An Xtra 10% Off Because My Mother In Law Works There And She Picked It Up For Me....but The Sale Price Was About 58 I Think---cant Remember For Sure Though....my Buddy Is Lookin To Get One How Much For The Walmart Batteries...thanks For The Replies..eye4neye(tony)

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts
Deka Brand, get them at an OKI auto parts store. I've been happy with them in my trucks, cars & boats. You can get the same specs on a marine batteryfor about 40% less than a comparable model at BPS, etc.
One thing to remember is to keep an eye on the water level in a boat battery, in the hot sun, stored in those compartments, they evaporate quicker than an automobile.
Never had a Wal-Mart battery, but I always see them recommended too. It would be easy to exchange on a trip or something I guess. Keep the sales slip in your drybox ;)

·
Premium Member
2007 Stratos 486 FS
13,614 Posts
Everstart (Walmart) pricing. IF memory serves me correctly, you're talking about $60 for a Maxx 29 sealed cranking battery, minus a $5 core deposit. The 27 series trolling batteries were like $50 i think (sealed) minus $5 core deposit. 2 year replacement warranty, and like MRFishOhio stated, real easy to exchange considering Walmarts are everywhere.

I run all of my electronics (1 flasher, 2 fish finders, lights, 2 livewells), a cd/mp3 player, a gps, and motor starting off the Maxx29 cranker...haven't even come close to pushing it. Love it.

·
The one others want to be
2,214 Posts
It's been bantied about here about batteries and Everstarts always get the thumbs up. I have used them and will buy nothing else. Great life out of these things and when they puke, there's always a Wally World somewhere close. Can't beat 'em for the price.

Grp 29 will run most boats all day long.

UFM82

·
Set The Hook!
2,175 Posts
I had my last set of batteries for 7 1/2 years! Delcos can't be beat. No matter what brand you get charge them immediatly when you get home, don't wait until the next day. The quicker you get a full charge back in them the longer thay last.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts