close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Batterys

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by chugr, Apr 20, 2004.

1. chugr

chugr Chugr

I need to replace the batterys in my Bass Tracker 40hp and would like to know if anyone had any good ideas of batteries that would last and wouldnt cost a bunch...Thanks

2. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Walmart batteries. Can't beat em for the price.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

What David said...Walmart batts = Everstarts. I use em, and a bunch of guys I know do, and swear by em.

4. How Much Guys....i Got Mine At Meijer And It Is A Pretty Big One...on Sale---got It For About 45.00....did Get An Xtra 10% Off Because My Mother In Law Works There And She Picked It Up For Me....but The Sale Price Was About 58 I Think---cant Remember For Sure Though....my Buddy Is Lookin To Get One How Much For The Walmart Batteries...thanks For The Replies..eye4neye(tony)

5. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Deka Brand, get them at an OKI auto parts store. I've been happy with them in my trucks, cars & boats. You can get the same specs on a marine batteryfor about 40% less than a comparable model at BPS, etc.
    One thing to remember is to keep an eye on the water level in a boat battery, in the hot sun, stored in those compartments, they evaporate quicker than an automobile.
    Never had a Wal-Mart battery, but I always see them recommended too. It would be easy to exchange on a trip or something I guess. Keep the sales slip in your drybox ;)

6. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Everstart (Walmart) pricing. IF memory serves me correctly, you're talking about $60 for a Maxx 29 sealed cranking battery, minus a $5 core deposit. The 27 series trolling batteries were like $50 i think (sealed) minus $5 core deposit. 2 year replacement warranty, and like MRFishOhio stated, real easy to exchange considering Walmarts are everywhere.

I run all of my electronics (1 flasher, 2 fish finders, lights, 2 livewells), a cd/mp3 player, a gps, and motor starting off the Maxx29 cranker...haven't even come close to pushing it. Love it.

7. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

It's been bantied about here about batteries and Everstarts always get the thumbs up. I have used them and will buy nothing else. Great life out of these things and when they puke, there's always a Wally World somewhere close. Can't beat 'em for the price.

Grp 29 will run most boats all day long.

UFM82

8. Orlando

Orlando Set The Hook!

I had my last set of batteries for 7 1/2 years! Delcos can't be beat. No matter what brand you get charge them immediatly when you get home, don't wait until the next day. The quicker you get a full charge back in them the longer thay last.