close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Battery ?

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by twistertail, May 4, 2005.

1. Going to get a battery for my little boat and not sure how big a one I need. I'll have the trolling motor which is only 17lb thrust and the fish finder and maybe an aerator running off it. I saw wal mart had their brand for like 50 bucks, are they any good?

2. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

walmart batteries are the best for the money in my opinion. i have 3 of them and not problems with them at all. have one that was bought in 2000 and it holds a charge like the day i bought it..

stay away from interstate batteries had 2 in my boat when i bought it and they didnt last a season. IMO

sowbelly

3. Thanks for the info. I see them in Bass Pro and Cabelas for 100 bucks or more and then see them at Wal Mart for half that so I wondered if they were any good. No more than I will be able to use the boat I dont want to spend any more than I need too. Thanks again.

4. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Another Wally World plus. I had one of their batteries go bad on me. My fault....I didn't check the water level before setting it on the charger. I had it 1 month shy of the 18 month replacement and no receipt. They swapped it out no problems! Nothing but good comming from me on them!

Gene

5. I've had the same 2 batteries in my boat for 5 years.When I'm done fishing I always hook them up to a battery tender. Gives your batteries longer life..

6. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

a size 24 would be good , and a size 27 would be even better.i wouldn't go any higher. the 24 is $50.00 and the 27 is $65.00 . i just baught the sz. 24 starting battery for $45.00 sunday.

7. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

If you are willing to spend the money for a battery that will last you longer then I would get an optima.

8. Well thanks for all the info guys.
    I found a GREAT deal on a battery, my dad has a brand new one he bought last year and does not need now so he is giving it to me!;) Dont know what size or brand but it doesnt really matter when its FREE!

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

those are without a doubt,THE best batteries on the market :D :D

10. freyedknot

is it a deep cycle?? starting batteries are not made to be drained and recharged.

11. Yep its a deep cycle marine battery, the wal mart brand. I know he used to use old car batteries but then finally bought a marine battery and then never used it so told me I could have it!!

12. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Going to buy 2 Walmart batterries tonight and was wondering if there are any first time charging procedures that i should be aware of. Thanks for any help.

13. freyedknot

no, just check for a charge. some may have been sitting for a long time. use of an automatic charger is reccomended for deep cycle batteries.