Ohio Game Fishing banner

battery?

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  BUCKEYE 
#1 ·
2 part question. how long does a 12 volt battery usually last between charges. i have a 40 thrust trolling motor,and i was wondering how long could i fish. also could i hook up a fish finder on the same battery or do they both need there own battery? thanks in advance.

#2 ·
A good CCA battery should last all day. As for the fish finder you'd be better off getting a smaller battery for that. If you use the same one you can get interfearance on your fish sinder. Charge the battery every night when you get home, I've had batteries last 4 years by doing that. It will also depend on how high you run you trolling motor 2, 3 or higher. The higher the number the less time the battery will last. I have a 72 pd. thurst that will last a few days if I run on 2 or 3. These are 6-8 hours day. Buy a good battery and you'll be glad you did. I have 3 1200 CCA batteries on my boat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.