close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Battery price?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewis, May 20, 2004.

1. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Hey guys..I need to replace my second deep cycle battery that just runs the accessories on my boat.
    Is Wally World probably the best place to go for a decent price?

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

lewis,that's where i buy my everstarts.i think it's as good a price as you can get on them.

3. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I also need to replace a deep cycle and the cranking batteries on the boat.
    This is the 5 year for them as they were new when I bought the boat.
    I have a Delco Voyager that is close to 15 years old and still going strong.
    Are these sold at Sears?

4. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

you may also want to look at interstate batteries, they cost a few dollars more but they are great batteries and also very good warranties. :cool:

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Lew...those sealed Everstarts rock...I have 3 of em (2 troll/1 crank) and I run a GPS, CD/MP3 player/2 FF's/1 flasher/2 livewells/lights/cranking all off the crank battery, and it doesn't even come close to hiccups. 2 year replacement warranty too. If you have the room, get that big yellow sucker, the MAXX29.

6. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

People knock Wallyworld everstarts, but next time I need batteries that's what I'm buying. Think about it, where do you ever fish that there isn't a wallyworld nearby? (for warranty)

7. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

They come stock in Ranger bassboats...can't be all that bad :)

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

interstate batteries are not that expensive compared to everlast same price if bought at the right place like an interstate store or i believe galyans has them i paid $59 each for 2 of the large ones.

9. JV1

JV1

just replaced one this spring, wally world, $60 deep cycle

10. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I took everyones advice and bought an Everstart.
    Medium size deep cycle trolling for $47??
    You cant beat that.
    I usually buy the higher dollar AC Delco...not anymore if these work out.
    My main trolling battery is the huge AC Delco...its going on 4 trouble free years.This Everstart will just run accesories and electronics.
    Thanks guys!

11. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Don't forget about Sam's club. Their brand is called Stowaway. I got 2 of the big suckers (31 series) and 2 of the medium ones (27 series). I bought all 4 this year for a total of only a little over 200 bucks. The big 31s were 60 or 65 bucks if I remeber correctly.

I have the medium ones paired up to run my 24v bow mount and the big ones to run my transom and electronics when at LaDue, and on the 12"er, both big ones will run my autopilot and transom mount all day while at Mogadore.