Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have exactly what I need, but they are so cheap they don't work. I need something similar, but can't find anything. The 4 screws that connect your wiring, tap into a plastic thread that strip out almost instantly. And if you snug them down they they get jarred loose while moving around. I'm gonna attach a pic of what I have, any ideas guys??

Attachments

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They might have been made better years ago, they don't make em' like they used to.

·
multi species angler
4,365 Posts
I just attached new electrical rings to the ends of all my wires. They are big enough to go over the bolt on the battery and crimp right on the exposed copper end of the wire. I got them at Lowes. They have different sizes for different gauge wire. I took off the wing nut and put the wire ring things, not sure of the actual name, on and put back the wing nut. I have never had a problem. I take them off a couple times a year and clean the connections. Good luck

·
Kiss The Converse
4,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That crossed my mind. If I have 4 wires could I splice them into one? I'd be running a trolling motor, livewell, lights, fishfinder. I guess with the terminal I have now I'm pretty much splicing them right? I have an in-line fuse for my trolling motor everything else doesn't use alot of power. Might be the way to go.

·
Fishing Is Life!
335 Posts
I was thinking about buying some of these to run to my bus bar so i can shut the power down the the bus bar while charging the batteries. Do you think it would be benitfical to do this?

Jesse

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
I personally like to use buses. Usually available thru the boat equipment web sites. Get an insulated bus bar , two metallic strips with screws , one will be used for + positive leads and one for - negative leads. I run all accessories from these bus bars. They make them with 10 lead ins to as few as 3 .

If problems develope down the road it really simplifies the trouble shooting procedure. If interested I will see if I can post link to web page.

·
Registered
894 Posts
i dont have any experience with boat electrics like u all are talking but do have experience with car stereo equipment, u could easily use some of the multiple lead terminals for batteries, that are usually gold plated, with hex or torx bit tightening, they are probally a lil on the higher priced side but they will last forever, plus u can get multi terminal distribution blocks too, look at crutchfield.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts