Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has ever been charged a core charge when buying batteries because you did not have the same size core as the battery you were buying. Or is this a new way of doing things.. This AM I stopped at the Interstate Battery shop at Circleville to buy 2 series 29 Marine Batteries. The guy behind the counter quoted me the price and I told him I would take 2 if he would load them on truck for me. He says sure will, and I go to pay for the 2 batteries. He ask me if my cores are 29 series and I said no, series 27,, He then tells me that will be an extra $12.00 per battery due to the 27's don't weight same as the 29.. I walked away.. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this. I stopped at Port Clinton Wallmart and they did not question the cores at all,

·
useless poster
8,805 Posts
thats a bit much i think. i just turned a battery in for scrap and only got $8.00 . glad you refused his crazy charge.

·
Registered
5,866 Posts
I bought two interstate 29,s at a shop traded in two odd batteries that been laying around, no problem. guy said they don,t care just so you have a trade in, think you were being had?

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,857 Posts
ive never heard that either, I used an old motorcycle battery as my core trade when I bought my last deep cycle just this spring. it was a Harley davidson battery so maybe the core was worth more:D

·
Just practicing my cast
4,684 Posts
You where going to buy there lunch!!! ;)

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
And this is why I always try to buy my parts from my local marina. I know they add 10% for their profit margin, but I can call em from out in the lake, stop by on my way in, grab a battery, goto my dock and install it and walk my core over after the fact. No problems or questions asked.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
166 Posts
I work at a car dealership and all my vendors don't care what kind of battery they get back as long as it's a battery. Maybe for watercraft it's different but I've turned i motorcycle and garden tractor batteries and they've never cared

·
florida ice fishing
14,054 Posts
this is a 1st for me. I have never had a problem with the core. I have traded in small auto batteries on the big marine batteries and nothing has ever been said about the size.
sherman

·
Resident fishing idiot
959 Posts
run away from interstate batteries anyways, order a set of ac delco voyagers....best battery ever... but no it dont matter, now you cant buy a startin battery and expect to return a 6V lantern battery lol...

·
Registered
201 Posts
The Coe charge isn't uncommon anymore for a lot of autoparts. But never heard of the same size on the battery thing. Guys kinda dumb to let a couple hundred walk out the door over 24 bucks though.
We have a battery shop that sells any car or truck for 30 and deep cells for 40. And come with warranty and will test in front of you. See if you have one around there.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts